Airway Inspector-the means of items in CSV document

Airway Inspector-the means of items in CSV document

Mengshuang xie
Dear all,

I am a new user of airway inspector(slicer 2.8 in Linux), and I  am using airway inspector to analyse COPD patients' chest CT data. But I couldn't understand some of the items in the CSV document, such as "Full-Inner Radius (mm)-Mean"," Full-Inner Radius (mm)-Std","Full-RL Inner Diam (mm)-Std","Full-AP Inner Diam (mm)-Std". Would you explain the means of those items?

Thank you!
Mengshuang Xie

Re: Airway Inspector-the means of items in CSV document

Raul San Jose
Hi Mengshuang,

The CSV reports several airway morphology metrics for the different airways that are analyzed. Here is a brief description of the reported quantities

Full-Inner Radius (mm)-Mean:  Mean value of the airway lumen  radius in mm
Full-Inner Radius (mm)-Std: Standard deviation of the airway lumen  radius in mm.
Full-RL Inner Diameter-Mean: Mean diameter for the airway lumen in the Right-Left axis (horizontal axis in the image plane)
Full-AP Inner Diameter-Mean: Mean diameter for the airway lumen in the Anterior-Posterior axis (vertical axis in the image plane)

I hope this helps and we will keep you posted with a new version

Thanks

Raul
On Mar 15, 2015, at 4:00 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Dear doctor Jose,
>
> I am a new user of airway inspector(slicer 2.8 in Linux), and I  am using airway inspector to analyse COPD patients' chest CT data. But I couldn't understand some of the items in the CSV document, such as "Full-Inner Radius (mm)-Mean"," Full-Inner Radius (mm)-Std","Full-RL Inner Diam (mm)-Std","Full-AP Inner Diam (mm)-Std". Would you explain the means of those items?
>
> We are looking forward to geting new version of AirwayInspector!
>
> Thank you!
> Mengshuang Xie

Resample DTI Volume

Emily Louise Belleau

Hello Slicer Users,

I tried using resample DTI Volume through Slicer 4.4. Fpr some reason my DTI Volumes that I uploaded do not show up in the "Input Volume" drop down menu. However, the Reference Volume and Output Volume drop down meunues appear to be working fine.

Any thoughts on what could be going wrong?

Any way to bypass this by running it on the command line? I would use all of the defaults except I would rename the transform parameters as "Xf1_DTI-T2_BSplie and would select displacement for deformation filed instead of h-field.

thanks!

Emily

Re: Resample DTI Volume

Dominik Meier
Hi Emily

the menus are type-specific, i.e. only images with appropriate format will appear. Most likely your DTI volumes are in a different format or did not load properly. Note that there’s a distinction between DWI images, which are the “raw” multi-volume sets with one volume per gradient direction, and DTI images, which are the derived/estimated tensors. If you go to the Volumes module in the “Volume Information" you can see the “number of scalars”, which for a DTI should be 6 or 9. Note that DTI volumes need the “ResampleDTI Volume” module, and for DWIs you need to use “Resample Scalar/Vector/DWI” module.
You can find resampling examples for DTI in the Registration Library:
http://wiki.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/Nightly/Registration/RegistrationLibrary

Best,
Dominik

On 17 Mar 2015, at 16:49, Emily Louise Belleau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Slicer Users,
>
> I tried using resample DTI Volume through Slicer 4.4. Fpr some reason my DTI Volumes that I uploaded do not show up in the "Input Volume" drop down menu. However, the Reference Volume and Output Volume drop down meunues appear to be working fine.
>
> Any thoughts on what could be going wrong?
>
> Any way to bypass this by running it on the command line? I would use all of the defaults except I would rename the transform parameters as "Xf1_DTI-T2_BSplie and would select displacement for deformation filed instead of h-field.
>
> thanks!
>
> Emily

Re: Airway Inspector-the means of items in CSV document

Mengshuang xie
Dear doctor Jose,

Thanks for your detailed answers of my question and thanks for writing such a great program!

After you answering my questions, I have solved many problems that bothered me for a long time .I read many articles using AirwayIspector, but none of them have mentioned the 'Lumen-Wall-Threshold' value they use, and the change of  the 'Lumen-Wall-Threshold' value could change the result of the measurement. So I want to ask you about the influence of the 'Lumen-Wall-Threshold' value in the measurement of airway, thank you!

I really appreciate your time and patience for answering my questions!

Yours sincerely,
Mengshuang Xie.