Automatic lunch of Slicer

CharlyGirot
Hi all,

I would like to open automatically a .mrml into Slicer by dubble-clicking
it. Slicer is not in my usr repository but in a software repository.

To do so, i need to add "text/x-mrml=slicer.desktop" in "cd
usr/share/gnome/applications defaults.list" but I don't have a .desktop file
in slicer. Is there a way to do so ?

Thanks,
Charly Girot.

Re: Automatic lunch of Slicer

inorton
Slicer does not distribute this type of launcher. Assuming you are using GNOME, the simplest option is to right-click a .MRML file and click "Properties". Go to "Open With" tab, click "Add", and find you `slicer` executable.

If you want to manually create a .desktop file, there are various ways to do it. If you have Ubuntu, one option is to install the `Ubuntu Tweak` tool. Otherwise, search for instructions online (for example: "create nautilus launcher" -> http://askubuntu.com/questions/64222/how-can-i-create-launchers-on-my-desktop).