Bender, a Slicer application

Julien Finet
Hi Slicers,

Today we're happy to announce Bender - a new, open-source toolkit for repositioning voxelized anatomical models!

Anatomical models are typically derived from MRI or CT images which are collected from subjects laying on a narrow platform. Bender allows the pose of the anatomy in the acquired images to be changed, enabling the study of specific absorption rates and other environmental effects on the body.

Best regards,
Julien.

Re: Bender, a Slicer application

Andras Lasso

Very nice work! I couldn’t find a data set with that we could easily test the application. Do you plan to release a sample data set?

thanks

Andras

Re: Bender, a Slicer application

Julien Finet
Hi Andras,

We won't release any dataset with Bender.
However, Bender works with any labelmap that has a skeleton. So if you simply threshold some CT images, you should be able to play with it (0: air, 1: flesh, 2:bone).

Julien.

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Andras Lasso <[hidden email]> wrote:

Very nice work! I couldn’t find a data set with that we could easily test the application. Do you plan to release a sample data set?

thanks

Andras

Re: Bender, a Slicer application

Julien Finet
Hi Slicers,

I'm pleased to announce that Bender 1.1 has been released.
The new version comes with a quick tutorial with demo data.

Best Regards,
Julien.

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Julien Finet <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Slicers,

Today we're happy to announce Bender - a new, open-source toolkit for repositioning voxelized anatomical models!

Anatomical models are typically derived from MRI or CT images which are collected from subjects laying on a narrow platform. Bender allows the pose of the anatomy in the acquired images to be changed, enabling the study of specific absorption rates and other environmental effects on the body.

Best regards,
Julien.

Re: Bender, a Slicer application

Julien Finet
Hi Slicers,

We are happy to announce Bender 2.0. This major version introduces FEM simulation, collision detection and motion-capture BVH file support.

Regards,
Julien.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 5:02 PM, Julien Finet <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Slicers,

I'm pleased to announce that Bender 1.1 has been released.
The new version comes with a quick tutorial with demo data.

Best Regards,
Julien.

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Julien Finet <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Slicers,

Today we're happy to announce Bender - a new, open-source toolkit for repositioning voxelized anatomical models!

Anatomical models are typically derived from MRI or CT images which are collected from subjects laying on a narrow platform. Bender allows the pose of the anatomy in the acquired images to be changed, enabling the study of specific absorption rates and other environmental effects on the body.

Best regards,
Julien.

Missing Multidimensional data extension for nightlies missing files

Murat Maga

I get this error:

"Retrieving extension metadata [ extensionId: 41502]"

"Downloading extension [ itemId: 133882]"

"Archive C:/Users/amaga/AppData/Local/Temp/23039-win-amd64-MultidimData-svn1497-2014-04-03.zip doesn't contain any files !"

Other extensions installed fine.

Re: Missing Multidimensional data extension for nightlies missing files

Andras Lasso-2

It works for me on the latest nightly. Maybe there was a network glitch? Restart your computer and try again. Let us know if you still have problems.

Andras

Re: Missing Multidimensional data extension for nightlies missing files

Murat Maga

Still the same. Installs other extensions from the same build fine.

"Retrieving extension metadata [ extensionId: 41502]"

"Downloading extension [ itemId: 133882]"

"Archive C:/Users/amaga/AppData/Local/Temp/23039-win-amd64-MultidimData-svn1497-2014-04-03.zip doesn't contain any files !"

QPainter::end: Painter ended with 2 saved states

"Retrieving extension metadata [ extensionId: 41493]"

"Downloading extension [ itemId: 133873]"