Buffering and tracking speed of locator in Slicer 3

Buffering and tracking speed of locator in Slicer 3

stella ang
Hi all,

Just checking,

If the tracking speed of the locator in Slicer 3 is relatively slow (ie. the locator moves 1st, the corresponding segments - axial, saggital and coronal are lagged by about 2-3 secs), which parameter(s) should I adjust?

I'm using Aurora medical tracking device and the above issue has affected the overall efficiency of the system.

Another thing is, what does 'invert' means in the Transforms modules? Is it necessary for me to use it for Neuronav navigation?

Thanks for the help.

Stella

Re: Buffering and tracking speed of locator in Slicer 3

Haiying Liu
Hi Stella,

See my questions below:

stella ang wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just checking,
>
> If the tracking speed of the locator in Slicer 3 is relatively slow
> (ie. the locator moves 1st, the corresponding segments - axial,
> saggital and coronal are lagged by about 2-3 secs), which parameter(s)
> should I adjust?

I assume you use IGSTK to get tracking data from Aurora. Inside the xml
file, you can specify your frame rate.

> I'm using Aurora medical tracking device and the above issue has
> affected the overall efficiency of the system.
>
> Another thing is, what does 'invert' means in the Transforms modules?
> Is it necessary for me to use it for Neuronav navigation?

Transform is basically specified by a 4x4 matrix. You will get the
inverse of the transform matrix if you press "Invert." You don't need it
in NeuroNav.