Building Slicer with cmake

Rafael Palomar

Hello all,

Probably this is not a new topic for you. I'm trying to build Slicer manually

and get the following error output:

--------------------------------------

[ 10%] Building CXX object

Libs/MRML/CMakeFiles/MRML.dir/vtkMRMLCameraNode.cxx.o

/home/rafa/src/Slicer3/Libs/MRML/vtkMRMLCameraNode.cxx: In destructor ‘virtual

vtkMRMLCameraNode::~vtkMRMLCameraNode()’:

/home/rafa/src/Slicer3/Libs/MRML/vtkMRMLCameraNode.cxx:80:19: error: ‘class

vtkCamera’ has no member named ‘SetUserViewTransform’

/home/rafa/src/Slicer3/Libs/MRML/vtkMRMLCameraNode.cxx: In member function

‘virtual void vtkMRMLCameraNode::ProcessMRMLEvents(vtkObject*, long unsigned

int, void*)’:

/home/rafa/src/Slicer3/Libs/MRML/vtkMRMLCameraNode.cxx:295:48: error: ‘class

vtkCamera’ has no member named ‘GetUserViewTransform’

/home/rafa/src/Slicer3/Libs/MRML/vtkMRMLCameraNode.cxx:299:21: error: ‘class

vtkCamera’ has no member named ‘SetUserViewTransform’

make[2]: *** [Libs/MRML/CMakeFiles/MRML.dir/vtkMRMLCameraNode.cxx.o] Error 1

make[1]: *** [Libs/MRML/CMakeFiles/MRML.dir/all] Error 2

--------------------------------------

I'm using VTK 5.2 and the head revision of ITK.

Any Idea? Thank you!

By the way. What's your opinion concerning the stability and reliability of

the Qt building in front of the KWWidgets building? Is the work progressing in

the Qt approach?

Thanks again!

Re: Building Slicer with cmake

swallace
moving to the developers list...

> Hello all,
>
> Probably this is not a new topic for you. I'm trying to build Slicer
> manually
>
> and get the following error output:
>

> --------------------------------------
>
> [ 10%] Building CXX object
>
> Libs/MRML/CMakeFiles/MRML.dir/vtkMRMLCameraNode.cxx.o
>
> /home/rafa/src/Slicer3/Libs/MRML/vtkMRMLCameraNode.cxx: In destructor
> ‘virtual
>
> vtkMRMLCameraNode::~vtkMRMLCameraNode()’:
>

> /home/rafa/src/Slicer3/Libs/MRML/vtkMRMLCameraNode.cxx:80:19: error:
> ‘class
>
> vtkCamera’ has no member named ‘SetUserViewTransform’
>

> /home/rafa/src/Slicer3/Libs/MRML/vtkMRMLCameraNode.cxx: In member function
>
> ‘virtual void vtkMRMLCameraNode::ProcessMRMLEvents(vtkObject*, long
> unsigned
>

> int, void*)’:
>

> /home/rafa/src/Slicer3/Libs/MRML/vtkMRMLCameraNode.cxx:295:48: error:
> ‘class
>

> vtkCamera’ has no member named ‘GetUserViewTransform’
>

> /home/rafa/src/Slicer3/Libs/MRML/vtkMRMLCameraNode.cxx:299:21: error:
> ‘class
>

> vtkCamera’ has no member named ‘SetUserViewTransform’
>

> make[2]: *** [Libs/MRML/CMakeFiles/MRML.dir/vtkMRMLCameraNode.cxx.o] Error
> 1
>
> make[1]: *** [Libs/MRML/CMakeFiles/MRML.dir/all] Error 2
>

> --------------------------------------
>

> I'm using VTK 5.2 and the head revision of ITK.
>
> Any Idea? Thank you!
>

> By the way. What's your opinion concerning the stability and reliability
> of
>
> the Qt building in front of the KWWidgets building? Is the work
> progressing
> in
>
> the Qt approach?
>
> Thanks again!
> subject

Re: Building Slicer with cmake

Hi Rafael -

Building manually is not advised, you are better off starting with the
instructions here:

http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Slicer3:Build_Instructions

However, if you want to go off the beaten path, you can find info here:

http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Slicer3:Manual_Build

in particular, pay attention to this note:

> Note that not all combinations of software versions and build flags
> are actively tested. The following information may not be up to date
> as new code is added to the various repositories.

The particular build error you're seeing indicates you need to upgrade
to vtk 5.6.

Longer term there's an effort to revamp all this build stuff, so for
people who want to experiment with the next generation Qt version of
slicer instructions are being put together here:

http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Slicer4:Build_Instructions

We try to make this all easy, but build systems are complicated :)

-Steve