CLI --logo question

jwong
Hello,

I'm currently trying to create a CLI for a command line tool.
I want to create an executable plugin with command line options, as
referenced on the page about Slicer's execution model:
https://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Slicer3:Execution_Model_Documentation

According to the website, "The plugin responds to the "--logo" query by
emitting a logo description."
I'm not sure what to do in response to the --logo argument. Does anyone know
what to do in this case?

Thanks
Jason

Re: CLI --logo question

Steve Pieper-2
Hi Jason -

Did you check out this part of the wiki [1]?  There was a little utility with Slicer3 that could convert an image into a .h file that can be included with a CLI.  I don't know if that utility is easy to build now, but the process it implements is pretty straightforward.

On the other hand I'm not 100% people currently use the --logo option.  Maybe others can comment.

-Steve

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 9:08 PM, jwong <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I'm currently trying to create a CLI for a command line tool.
I want to create an executable plugin with command line options, as
referenced on the page about Slicer's execution model:
https://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Slicer3:Execution_Model_Documentation

According to the website, "The plugin responds to the "--logo" query by
emitting a logo description."
I'm not sure what to do in response to the --logo argument. Does anyone know
what to do in this case?

Thanks
Jason

Re: CLI --logo question

Andras Lasso-2

Slicer shows the logo in the Acknowledgement section.

I guess we should we add the .png->.h conversion code to SlicerExecutionModel so that developers can simply specify a png file that they would like to use as logo.

It would be also nice to be able to specify an icon for each CLI module, as it’s not very nice that only loadable modules can have icons.

I’ve added a ticket to remember this and work on this whenever there are no higher-priority tasks:

http://www.na-mic.org/Bug/view.php?id=4145

Andras

Re: CLI --logo question

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin
Hi,

Agreed with Andras.

This has indeed been a long standing issue. A plan of action was proposed here:

http://na-mic.org/Mantis/view.php?id=2072#c4931

It would be a great opportunity for new developer to learn about the contribution process.

I would be happy to provide guidance,

Thanks
Jc

--