Cannot use extension wizard to find VMTK extensions

Cannot use extension wizard to find VMTK extensions

Ruibin Ma-2
Hello,
I'm trying to follow the tutorial for using VMTK extensions. But I run into problem while trying to use the extension wizard to find VMTKCenterline module. The Slicer version is 3.6.3 as suggested in the tutorial. Extension wizard told me "could not connect to specified repository, check network connections". I have the same problem on different platforms, windows, linuxs.
Or how can I find that extension in Slicer 4.5? I cannot find the same extension wizard function again. No VMTK extensions are found in the extension manager either.
Thank you very much!

--
Ruibin Ma
Department of Computer Science

Re: Cannot use extension wizard to find VMTK extensions

Andrey Fedorov-2
VMTK extension does not exist in Slicer 4

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Ruibin Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm trying to follow the tutorial for using VMTK extensions. But I run into
> problem while trying to use the extension wizard to find VMTKCenterline
> module. The Slicer version is 3.6.3 as suggested in the tutorial. Extension
> wizard told me "could not connect to specified repository, check network
> connections". I have the same problem on different platforms, windows,
> linuxs.
> Or how can I find that extension in Slicer 4.5? I cannot find the same
> extension wizard function again. No VMTK extensions are found in the
> extension manager either.
> Thank you very much!
>
> --
> Ruibin Ma
> Department of Computer Science
> University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
> Phone: 9195257239

Re: Cannot use extension wizard to find VMTK extensions

Ruibin Ma-2
Thank you. But how can I get it work in slicer3? Seems like the extension wizard is not working... is the extensions deleted online?

> 在 2016年9月9日,12:12,Andrey Fedorov <[hidden email]> 写道:
>
> VMTK extension does not exist in Slicer 4
>
>> On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Ruibin Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I'm trying to follow the tutorial for using VMTK extensions. But I run into
>> problem while trying to use the extension wizard to find VMTKCenterline
>> module. The Slicer version is 3.6.3 as suggested in the tutorial. Extension
>> wizard told me "could not connect to specified repository, check network
>> connections". I have the same problem on different platforms, windows,
>> linuxs.
>> Or how can I find that extension in Slicer 4.5? I cannot find the same
>> extension wizard function again. No VMTK extensions are found in the
>> extension manager either.
>> Thank you very much!
>>
>> --
>> Ruibin Ma
>> Department of Computer Science
>> University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
>> Phone: 9195257239

Re: Cannot use extension wizard to find VMTK extensions

Andrey Fedorov-2
I believe Slicer 3 is officially not supported.

Maybe you are lucky and someone would respond ...

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 12:27 PM, Ruibin Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you. But how can I get it work in slicer3? Seems like the extension wizard is not working... is the extensions deleted online?
>
>> 在 2016年9月9日,12:12,Andrey Fedorov <[hidden email]> 写道:
>>
>> VMTK extension does not exist in Slicer 4
>>
>>> On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Ruibin Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I'm trying to follow the tutorial for using VMTK extensions. But I run into
>>> problem while trying to use the extension wizard to find VMTKCenterline
>>> module. The Slicer version is 3.6.3 as suggested in the tutorial. Extension
>>> wizard told me "could not connect to specified repository, check network
>>> connections". I have the same problem on different platforms, windows,
>>> linuxs.
>>> Or how can I find that extension in Slicer 4.5? I cannot find the same
>>> extension wizard function again. No VMTK extensions are found in the
>>> extension manager either.
>>> Thank you very much!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ruibin Ma
>>> Department of Computer Science
>>> University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
>>> Phone: 9195257239

Re: Cannot use extension wizard to find VMTK extensions

Steve Pieper-2
Hi Ruibin -

Andrey's right, slicer3 extensions aren't supported and there's no vmtk extension for slicer4.  The good news is that you can get vmtk as a stand alone package and easily exchange data via files.

HTH,
Steve

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 12:29 PM, Andrey Fedorov <[hidden email]> wrote:
I believe Slicer 3 is officially not supported.

Maybe you are lucky and someone would respond ...

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 12:27 PM, Ruibin Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you. But how can I get it work in slicer3? Seems like the extension wizard is not working... is the extensions deleted online?
>
>> 在 2016年9月9日,12:12,Andrey Fedorov <[hidden email]> 写道:
>>
>> VMTK extension does not exist in Slicer 4
>>
>>> On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Ruibin Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I'm trying to follow the tutorial for using VMTK extensions. But I run into
>>> problem while trying to use the extension wizard to find VMTKCenterline
>>> module. The Slicer version is 3.6.3 as suggested in the tutorial. Extension
>>> wizard told me "could not connect to specified repository, check network
>>> connections". I have the same problem on different platforms, windows,
>>> linuxs.
>>> Or how can I find that extension in Slicer 4.5? I cannot find the same
>>> extension wizard function again. No VMTK extensions are found in the
>>> extension manager either.
>>> Thank you very much!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ruibin Ma
>>> Department of Computer Science
>>> University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
>>> Phone: <a href="tel:9195257239" value="&#43;19195257239">9195257239

Re: Cannot use extension wizard to find VMTK extensions

Ruibin Ma-2
Thank you! But is there any way that I can get access to the VMTK extensions you built in Slicer3? I saw a version for Slicer4 on Daniel Haehn's git website. But to use it I have to build Slicer, qt, and everything myself. I'm wondering if there's easier way to do that.

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 1:11 PM, Steve Pieper <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ruibin -

Andrey's right, slicer3 extensions aren't supported and there's no vmtk extension for slicer4.  The good news is that you can get vmtk as a stand alone package and easily exchange data via files.

HTH,
Steve

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 12:29 PM, Andrey Fedorov <[hidden email]> wrote:
I believe Slicer 3 is officially not supported.

Maybe you are lucky and someone would respond ...

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 12:27 PM, Ruibin Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you. But how can I get it work in slicer3? Seems like the extension wizard is not working... is the extensions deleted online?
>
>> 在 2016年9月9日,12:12,Andrey Fedorov <[hidden email]> 写道:
>>
>> VMTK extension does not exist in Slicer 4
>>
>>> On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Ruibin Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I'm trying to follow the tutorial for using VMTK extensions. But I run into
>>> problem while trying to use the extension wizard to find VMTKCenterline
>>> module. The Slicer version is 3.6.3 as suggested in the tutorial. Extension
>>> wizard told me "could not connect to specified repository, check network
>>> connections". I have the same problem on different platforms, windows,
>>> linuxs.
>>> Or how can I find that extension in Slicer 4.5? I cannot find the same
>>> extension wizard function again. No VMTK extensions are found in the
>>> extension manager either.
>>> Thank you very much!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ruibin Ma
>>> Department of Computer Science
>>> University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
>>> Phone: <a href="tel:9195257239" value="&#43;19195257239" target="_blank">9195257239

Ruibin Ma
Department of Computer Science
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
Phone: 9195257239

Re: Cannot use extension wizard to find VMTK extensions

No, sorry, I don't think I still have a copy available.  It would probably be a good idea to install a version of slicer3 on a docker image or other virtual machine to keep it available but I haven't looked into that.  Maybe someone else wants to try?

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 2:39 PM, Ruibin Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you! But is there any way that I can get access to the VMTK extensions you built in Slicer3? I saw a version for Slicer4 on Daniel Haehn's git website. But to use it I have to build Slicer, qt, and everything myself. I'm wondering if there's easier way to do that.

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 1:11 PM, Steve Pieper <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ruibin -

Andrey's right, slicer3 extensions aren't supported and there's no vmtk extension for slicer4.  The good news is that you can get vmtk as a stand alone package and easily exchange data via files.

HTH,
Steve

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 12:29 PM, Andrey Fedorov <[hidden email]> wrote:
I believe Slicer 3 is officially not supported.

Maybe you are lucky and someone would respond ...

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 12:27 PM, Ruibin Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you. But how can I get it work in slicer3? Seems like the extension wizard is not working... is the extensions deleted online?
>
>> 在 2016年9月9日,12:12,Andrey Fedorov <[hidden email]> 写道:
>>
>> VMTK extension does not exist in Slicer 4
>>
>>> On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Ruibin Ma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I'm trying to follow the tutorial for using VMTK extensions. But I run into
>>> problem while trying to use the extension wizard to find VMTKCenterline
>>> module. The Slicer version is 3.6.3 as suggested in the tutorial. Extension
>>> wizard told me "could not connect to specified repository, check network
>>> connections". I have the same problem on different platforms, windows,
>>> linuxs.
>>> Or how can I find that extension in Slicer 4.5? I cannot find the same
>>> extension wizard function again. No VMTK extensions are found in the
>>> extension manager either.
>>> Thank you very much!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ruibin Ma
>>> Department of Computer Science
>>> University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
>>> Phone: <a href="tel:9195257239" value="&#43;19195257239" target="_blank">9195257239

Ruibin Ma
Department of Computer Science
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
Phone: <a href="tel:9195257239" value="&#43;19195257239" target="_blank"> 9195257239

Re: Cannot use extension wizard to find VMTK extensions

Ruibin Ma-2
OK. I will try to build Slicer4 myself.
THX

在 2016年9月9日,17:23,Steve Pieper <[hidden email]> 写道: