Change slicer direction

David Larsson

Dear Slicer users,

Does anyone know if it’s possible to change the slice views from the default coronal/sagittal/axial (red/yellow/green) given in euclidian space, to slices being instead given in e.g. polar coordinates? I’m working with cardiac ultrasound and would like to be able to view slices going in a multichamber view which you would rotate around the long axis of the image.

Is there an implemented way to do this using 3D Slicer?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards,

David Larsson

Re: Change slicer direction

Tamas Ungi-2

Hi David,

We have a module in the SlicerIGT extension, called Volume Reslice Driver. It allows you to specify any transformable node (Transform, Volume, etc.) to "drive" the position and orientation of any 2D Slice. When we show tracked ultrasound, we specify the ultrasound volume itself to drive the 2D slice, so it is visible regardless of orientation.

That module may help you.

I just noticed a dedicated tutorial is missing for that module. But it is mentioned in U-31 in the SlicerIGT tutorials:

http://www.slicerigt.org/wp/user-tutorial/

Hope this helps,

Tamas

Re: Change slicer direction

Andras Lasso-2
For simple cases the Reformat module could work, too (you can rotate and/or shift a slice by dragging sliders):
http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/4.4/Modules/Reformat

Andras