Color selection in Threshold based Volume Rendering

Color selection in Threshold based Volume Rendering

devakumar-3
Hi

I am trying to use the threshold based volume rendering, and it works well.
But there is no color selection option when I click on the threshold based
volume rendering to change the color of the rendered volume. Any one can
give some suggestions?
Thanks

Kumar

Re: Color selection in Threshold based Volume Rendering

Hi Kumar -

The thresholding uses the Scalar Color Mapping table defined in the
volume rendering interface.  What you can do is modify the color table
before you enable thresholding (the table is hidden when thresholding is
selected).  You can select the individual dots on the graph and set the
color for them using the color selector above the table.  One easy way
to get started is to delete all the existing dots (use the delete key)
and then add in new ones to get the color mapping you want.

On F/15/10 4:22 PM, Devakumar wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to use the threshold based volume rendering, and it works well.
> But there is no color selection option when I click on the threshold based
> volume rendering to change the color of the rendered volume. Any one can
> give some suggestions?
> Thanks
>
> Kumar

Re: Color selection in Threshold based Volume Rendering

Kikinis, Ron,M.D.
Hi Kumar,

An experimental alternative, which is only available in the nightly
build, is to select the look-up-table you want for that volume, adjust
window level (all in the volume module display section) before you
select that volume for volume rendering. This will give you a ramp, not
a step function in the transfer function, but it might also be useful,
depending on what you are trying to do. If you select the rainbow look
up table you can get a variety of colors.

Ron

On 2/15/10 4:50 PM, Steve Pieper wrote:

> Hi Kumar -
>
> The thresholding uses the Scalar Color Mapping table defined in the
> volume rendering interface.  What you can do is modify the color table
> before you enable thresholding (the table is hidden when thresholding is
> selected).  You can select the individual dots on the graph and set the
> color for them using the color selector above the table.  One easy way
> to get started is to delete all the existing dots (use the delete key)
> and then add in new ones to get the color mapping you want.
>
> Best,
> Steve
>
> On F/15/10 4:22 PM, Devakumar wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am trying to use the threshold based volume rendering, and it works well.
>> But there is no color selection option when I click on the threshold based
>> volume rendering to change the color of the rendered volume. Any one can
>> give some suggestions?
>> Thanks
>>
>> Kumar

Ron Kikinis, M.D.,
Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Director, Surgical Planning Laboratory
http://www.spl.harvard.edu/~kikinis