Converting ultrasound DICOM sets to .stl (100$ bonus)

Converting ultrasound DICOM sets to .stl (100$ bonus)

ttoke
Hello,

We are a small team of engineers and designers mostly working with 3D printing and modelling.

We have some ultrasound DICOM sets that need to be converted into .stl. The "object" is a fetus in his/her mothers belly (around 8 months old). As we are not familiar with Slicer, we have had no luck converting them ourselves.

What we need, is some help with converting the data, we would like to know the right settings etc. We are willing to pay 100$ as a bonus for someone who would like to teach us a bit about Slicer and help us convert the models.

You can find the DICOM sets from here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8wx5dmd3dMed3o3d3ZoTlFldTA/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8wx5dmd3dMeWE94ZmF4MGVUS0E/view?usp=sharing

The model doesn't have to be perfect, but it should be recognisable. We can clean it ourselves.

You can write me:
timmu@wolfprint3d.ee

Thank You!

Re: Converting ultrasound DICOM sets to .stl (100$ bonus)

Andras Lasso-2
I've encountered two problems (see below) while trying to load your images into Slicer. Once I've fixed those I could load the volumes, used Grayscale model maker module to create a surface mesh, and saved the resulting STL file. I'll send a link to the results in a separate email.

Issues found:

1. Slicer (actually the ITK GDCM reader) crashes when attempting to read an DICOM ultrasound image. Simple workaround and proper long-term solution is described here:
http://www.na-mic.org/Bug/view.php?id=3930

2. Issues with loading DICOM images from files that contain special characters. Pull request with the fix is submitted:
https://github.com/Slicer/Slicer/pull/212

[...]

[hidden email]

Thank You!

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine at http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and properly dispose of the e-mail.

Re: Converting ultrasound DICOM sets to .stl (100$ bonus)

naqviak
Did you have any luck?
I may be able to help - do you still have data?