Crash on close scene after New view in Camera module

Crash on close scene after New view in Camera module

chir.set@free.fr
Hello,

A crash constantly occurs this way :

Load a volume (DICOM here)
Create a Volume rendering model
Go to Camera module
Create a new view
Select File/Close scene
=> crash.

If I omit loading a volume, there's no crash.
In all cases, after creating a new view, the Came combobox contains two
entries 'Default Scene Camera'. May be this is not relevant for the crash.

Not a big problem, probably worthy of being reported.

Regards.

Here's available console output :

Number of registered modules: 134
Number of instantiated modules: 134
When loading module  "CLIEventTest" , the dependency "CLI4Test" failed to be
loaded.
Initializing terminology mapping for map file /home/user/bin/Slicer4/share/
Slicer-4.7/ColorFiles/Terminology//GenericAnatomyColors-SNOMED.csv
288 terms were read for Slicer LUT GenericAnatomyColors
Terminology named 'Segmentation category and type - 3D Slicer General Anatomy
list' successfully loaded from file /home/user/bin/Slicer4/share/Slicer-4.7/qt-
loadable-modules/Terminologies/SegmentationCategoryTypeModifier-
SlicerGeneralAnatomy.json

Terminology named 'Segmentation category and type - DICOM master list'
successfully loaded from file /home/user/bin/Slicer4/share/Slicer-4.7/qt-
loadable-modules/Terminologies/SegmentationCategoryTypeModifier-DICOM-
Master.json

Anatomic context named 'Anatomic codes - DICOM master list' successfully
loaded from file /home/user/bin/Slicer4/share/Slicer-4.7/qt-loadable-modules/
Terminologies/AnatomicRegionModifier-Master.json

When loading module  "TwoCLIsInARowTest" , the dependency "CLI4Test" failed to
be loaded.
When loading module  "TwoCLIsInParallelTest" , the dependency "CLI4Test"
failed to be loaded.
Number of loaded modules: 131
Switch to module:  "Volumes"
There is more than one file, use the vtkITKArchetypeImageSeriesReader instead

Loaded volume from file: /home/user/tmp/mscans/cid_2016-10-26/images/pat00000/
st000000/se000000/ct000013. Dimensions: 512x512x471. Number of components: 1.
Pixel type: int.

"Volume" Reader has successfully read the file "/home/user/tmp/mscans/
cid_2016-10-26/images/pat00000/st000000/se000000/ct000013" "[17.94s]"
Switch to module:  "VolumeRendering"
Warning: In /home/kitware/Dashboards/Nightly/Slicer-0/Libs/MRML/Core/
vtkObserverManager.cxx, line 131
vtkObserverManager (0x77d5960): The same object is already observed with the
same priority. The observation is kept as is.

ctkDoubleSlider::setSingleStep( 10 ) is outside of valid bounds.
Warning: In /home/kitware/Dashboards/Nightly/Slicer-0/Libs/MRML/Core/
vtkObserverManager.cxx, line 131
vtkObserverManager (0x77d5960): The same object is already observed with the
same priority. The observation is kept as is.

Switch to module:  "Cameras"
no dataArray
error: [/home/user/bin/Slicer4/./bin/SlicerApp-real] exit abnormally - Report
the problem.

Re: Crash on close scene after New view in Camera module

Steve Pieper-2
Hi -

Thanks for the bug report - would you be able to put it in the tracker?

https://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/4.5/Report_a_problem#Error_report_contents

Le mercredi 26 octobre 2016 10:43:39 CEST Steve Pieper a écrit :
> Hi -
>
> Thanks for the bug report - would you be able to put it in the tracker?
>
> https://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/4.5/Report_a_probl
> em#Error_report_contents
>
> Best,
> Steve

Yep, I'll do that ASP.

Re: Crash on close scene after New view in Camera module

Andras Lasso-2
View nodes are created automatically by the layout manager and should not be added/deleted by users. I've disabled view node add/create in the camera module and also added error handling in the widget that caused the crash. Fixed in rev 25480.

Le mercredi 26 octobre 2016 10:43:39 CEST Steve Pieper a écrit :

> Hi -
>
> Thanks for the bug report - would you be able to put it in the tracker?
>
> https://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/4.5/Report_a
> _probl
> em#Error_report_contents
>
> Best,