Customizing start up

Murat Maga
Hi,

How one would go about customizing the same Slicer with  two different module settings, one with full experience, and one with just VR, volumes, editor and transforms and modules.

Is there a command line option I can pass (as oppose to disabling selectively each time in the preferences menu)?

Re: Customizing start up

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin
Hi Murat,

Few weeks ago, Slicer learnt a new command line option named "--modules-to-ignore". That should be helpful.

$ ./Slicer --help

[...]
--modules-to-ignore                           Comma separated list of modules that should *NOT* be loaded.
[...]

Hth
Jc

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 3:31 PM, Murat Maga <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

How one would go about customizing the same Slicer with  two different module settings, one with full experience, and one with just VR, volumes, editor and transforms and modules.

Is there a command line option I can pass (as oppose to disabling selectively each time in the preferences menu)?

+1 919 869 8849

Re: Customizing start up

Murat Maga

Hi Jc,

That’s great, but would you also consider implementing the opposite option, --modules-to-load, which only loads the specified ones? If the listing in the preferences menu is any indication, the number of modules that I have to specify will be pretty long.

Re: Customizing start up

Andras Lasso-2

Yes, the list of modules to disable will be long if you want to disable a lot of modules, but that shouldn’t be a problem. You have many other options, as described on the links Steve has sent.

I would just recommend this overview presentation:

http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/images/b/b0/Slicelets2016.pdf

and one more wiki page to read:

https://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/Nightly/Developers/Build_Instructions/Configure

Andras

That’s great, but would you also consider implementing the opposite option, --modules-to-load, which only loads the specified ones? If the listing in the preferences menu is any indication, the number of modules that I have to specify will be pretty long.

Re: Customizing start up

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin
hi Murat,

the opposite option, --modules-to-load

Indeed, implementing this option is next on the list.

Hth
Jc

--
+1 919 869 8849

Re: Customizing start up

Murat Maga

Thank you all for pointers. Most of them are beyond my ability to edit python code. So I will wait until the modules to load option to be implemented.