DICOM-RT Export

Strugari, Matthew SCA
Hi All,

Is there a way to export a structure set within the 2014-12-09 nightly build? The DICOM / DICOM-RT Export module does not properly list or recognize a structure set. Rather, it lists all of the volume nodes within the Structure Set drop down menu. The DICOM RT Export module has since been removed following the 4.4.0 stable release which is what I used to use.

Any help on this would be great since it is fairly urgent.

Matthew

Re: DICOM-RT Export

Csaba Pinter-2
There is a completely new DICOM export feature in place, see DICOM Export section of this page
http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/Nightly/Modules/DICOM

csaba

Is there a way to export a structure set within the 2014-12-09 nightly build? The DICOM / DICOM-RT Export module does not properly list or recognize a structure set. Rather, it lists all of the volume nodes within the Structure Set drop down menu. The DICOM RT Export module has since been removed following the 4.4.0 stable release which is what I used to use.

Any help on this would be great since it is fairly urgent.

Matthew

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine at http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and properly dispose of the e-mail.

Re: DICOM-RT Export

Strugari, Matthew SCA

Thank-you Csaba.

How do I go about adding my structure data into the Scene in the Subject Hierarchy? It is not automatically recognized within the Node box.

Matthew

There is a completely new DICOM export feature in place, see DICOM Export section of this page
http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/Nightly/Modules/DICOM

csaba

Re: DICOM-RT Export

Csaba Pinter-2
You need to create a Contour node from it, see section "Create contour from labelmap volume or model" on this page
http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/Nightly/Modules/SubjectHierarchy

csaba

How do I go about adding my structure data into the Scene in the Subject Hierarchy? It is not automatically recognized within the Node box.

Matthew

DICOM-RT Export

Strugari, Matthew SCA

Matthew Strugari
Medical Physics Student
Department of Medical Physics
Saskatchewan Cancer Agency
20 Campus Drive
Saskatoon, SK S7N 4H4
Phone: (306) 655-2443
Fax: (306) 655-2701

Re: DICOM-RT Export

Strugari, Matthew SCA
One last thing I noticed, the image name is not listed in the SH after loading the DICOM data. It just states "No study description" above the typical spot that the image name would be displayed. The image volume is still associated with this node since *right click* *Show volumes in brach* displays the correct image volumes in the slice views.

Matthew

You need to create a Contour node from it, see section "Create contour from labelmap volume or model" on this page http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/Nightly/Modules/SubjectHierarchy

csaba

How do I go about adding my structure data into the Scene in the Subject Hierarchy? It is not automatically recognized within the Node box.

Matthew

Re: DICOM-RT Export

Csaba Pinter-2
Hi Matthew,

I could reproduce too. This is most probably related to the issue you just found. I'll commit a fix today.

The workaround is the same: enter SH once before doing anything to make sure the widget is created (the error is due to me moving some things into the widget class from the module class, and those aren't run if the widget is uninitialized which is done on first enter).
Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for letting me know!

csaba

[...]

This bug has been fixed in
http://viewvc.slicer.org/viewvc.cgi/Slicer4?view=revision&revision=23824
Tomorrow's nightly will contain this fix.

csaba

[...]

Thank-you very much Csaba!

I'm not sure if this is related, but I encountered a geometry mismatch error when exporting some DICOM data. However, there is no way that there is a geometry mismatch in my data. I am still performing deformable registration with prostate labelmaps.

This is a little bit difficult to explain but I am only able to avoid the geometry mismatch upon reloading the US labelmaps along with my deformed labelmaps. If I use the pre-existing loaded US labelmaps without the reloading step, I receive the geometry error.

Matthew

[...]

Steve Pieper-2
Hi Matthew -

We've been investigating the geometry mismatch issues - there's some rounding error that causes the comparison to fail even though the number really should match.  For now just ignore the warning if you know the data is good (typically the printed version of the numbers matches even if the comparison fails due to the rounding error).

-Steve