DTI dicom to nifti

Körte, Inga Dr.med.

Hi,

I am trying to convert a DTI data set from dicom to nifti format in slicer3.5.

I am usually using the converter to get a .nhdr file which opens easily in slicer. But after that I can’t change the format to anything else than .nrrd.

Does anyone has an idea how to create a nifti file from a DTI data set?

Thanks!

Inga

Re: DTI dicom to nifti

Hi Inga -

As far as I know there is no standard for DTI data in nifti (different
programs have different ad hoc conventions) so we've never exported to
anything but nrrd.  Typically you can coerce another program to load the
raw data file using the info in the .nhdr text file.  If you know of a
citation for a standard DTI format for nifti please pass it on!

-Steve

Körte wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am trying to convert a DTI data set from dicom to nifti format in
> slicer3.5.
>
> I am usually using the converter to get a .nhdr file which opens easily
> in slicer. But after that I can’t change the format to anything else
> than .nrrd.
>

> Does anyone has an idea how to create a nifti file from a DTI data set?
>
> Thanks!
>

> Inga

Re: DTI dicom to nifti

Dianne Patterson
I use mriconvert: http://lcni.uoregon.edu/~jolinda/MRIConvert/
It seems to do a nice job and Jolinda is very helpful.

-Dianne

Körte wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am trying to convert a DTI data set from dicom to nifti format in
> slicer3.5.
>
> I am usually using the converter to get a .nhdr file which opens easily
> in slicer. But after that I can’t change the format to anything else
> than .nrrd.
>

> Does anyone has an idea how to create a nifti file from a DTI data set?
>
> Thanks!
>

> Inga

Dianne Patterson, Ph.D.
[hidden email]