Data Probe Calculation for CT

Strugari, Matthew SCA
Hi everyone,

I am attempting to use Slicer to analyse some CT data for a performance phantom. I am interested in determining the CT numbers using the value displayed in the data probe. However, I find that there is a large fluctuation in the value displayed as I move my mouse throughout a small region of interest. Is there a way of using an ROI bouding box to calculate an average value for the volume contained in the ROI?

Thanks.
Matthew

Re: Data Probe Calculation for CT

Steve Pieper-2
Hi Matthew -

You are probably seeing noise in the image.  What you can do us use the Editor module to paint whatever region you want, and then use the LabelStatistics module to get the mean (plus min, max, stddev).

-Sgteve

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Strugari, Matthew SCA <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am attempting to use Slicer to analyse some CT data for a performance phantom. I am interested in determining the CT numbers using the value displayed in the data probe. However, I find that there is a large fluctuation in the value displayed as I move my mouse throughout a small region of interest. Is there a way of using an ROI bouding box to calculate an average value for the volume contained in the ROI?

Thanks.
Matthew

Re: Data Probe Calculation for CT

Strugari, Matthew SCA
Thank-you Steve,

That worked quite nicely and answered a further question about obtaining the standard deviation.