Dataset is missing necessary information

Dataset is missing necessary information

arumiat
I've been sent a large microCT dataset. When I try to 'add DICOM', either by
copying or adding a link, in either Slicer 4.4 or Slicer 4.5, I get the
following errors "Dataset is missing necessary information (patient name,
study instance UID, or patient ID)!"

<http://slicer-users.65878.n3.nabble.com/file/n4030762/img.png>

Interestingly in Slicer 3 the dataset loads as would be expected (however
crashes soon after, I'm guessing due to memory issues).

I've tried also 'anonymising' the data using DICOM anonymiser tool, which I
hoped would somehow add header information but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Re: Dataset is missing necessary information

Andras Lasso-2

Many microCT device create invalid DICOM files. We cannot add exceptions to Slicer for all kinds of DICOM errors, but the DICOM patcher module (download from here https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lassoan/SlicerDicomPatcher/master/DicomPatcher.py and add to the additional module paths) can fix some of the common issues. Let us know if it worked.

Andras

Re: Dataset is missing necessary information

arumiat
Certainly did thank you. To clarify, .nrrd maintains the same resolution /
quality as the original DICOMS?

Re: Dataset is missing necessary information

arumiat
Certainly did thank you. To clarify, .nrrd maintains the same resolution / quality as the original DICOMS?

Re: Dataset is missing necessary information

Yes, loading a dicom and saving as nrrd is lossless.

-Steve