Dealing With Images In Double-Oblique Orientation?

Dealing With Images In Double-Oblique Orientation?

Constantine Zakkaroff
Hello ALL,

The datasets I'm dealing with (Cardiac MR) contain volume in
double-oblique orientation. But the 2D Slice Viewer automatically slices
the volume in axial, sagittal and coronal orientations.

I know I can play with the reformat widget for each slice, but... my
question is:

Is there a way to have the 2D Slice Viewer display slices in the
orientation planes defined by the orientation of the volume? It would
help my work immensely.

Regards,
Constantine

Re: Dealing With Images In Double-Oblique Orientation?

Hi Constantine -

In the newer nightly builds there is an option on the slice display menu
called "Rotate to Volume Plane" which should do what you need (see
attached).  We plan to release this as part of slicer 3.6 so let us know
if it helps for your use case.

Picture 6.png (17K) Download Attachment

Re: Dealing With Images In Double-Oblique Orientation?

Constantine Zakkaroff
Hi Steve.

Yes, "Rotate to Volume Plane" is what I'm looking for.

I hope I won't step on anybody's toes when I say that from my point of
view, it would make sense to display 2D slices in volume planes by
default, because say in Cardiac MR these volume-specific orientation
planes are chosen because the views associated with them are most
informative and viewing say perfusion dataset in standard axial,
sagittal and coronal planes does not help at all.

Regards,
Constantine