Does Landwarp module transforms only based on fiducials?

Does Landwarp module transforms only based on fiducials?

Eric Larson
Hi all,
   I wanted to check my understanding of the Landwarp module:  Is is correct that the Landwarp module transforms the "moving" image based on nothing other than the fiducial pairs?  I am wondering because I would think that were this the case, one would not need to input the "fixed" image, only the fiducial pairs and the "moving" image would be necessary to get the transformed output image.  How does the algorithm incorporate the "fixed" image into the registration process?

    Thanks,
            -Eric

Re: Does Landwarp module transforms only based on fiducials?

Andras Lasso

Most probably the fixed image is only used to specify the origin, spacing, and orientation of the output image.

Andras

   I wanted to check my understanding of the Landwarp module:  Is is correct that the Landwarp module transforms the "moving" image based on nothing other than the fiducial pairs?  I am wondering because I would think that were this the case, one would not need to input the "fixed" image, only the fiducial pairs and the "moving" image would be necessary to get the transformed output image.  How does the algorithm incorporate the "fixed" image into the registration process?

    Thanks,
            -Eric

Re: Does Landwarp module transforms only based on fiducials?

Sharp, Gregory C.
Hi Eric,

You are correct.  Only landmark locations are used.
The fixed image is only used for setting the size and
dimensions of the warped output image.

Greg