Error in memory allocation

Valentina Somigli
Hello everybody,
I am using the VMTK module on MRI volume images of head and neck.
When I start the VMTK Vessel Enhancement tool, nothing happens and I get the following two messagges in the error log:

ERROR: In c:\cygwin\home\pieper\slicer3\release\slicer3-lib\vtk\common\vtkDataArrayTemplate.txx, line 213
vtkFloatArray (128310E8): Unable to allocate 25165824 elements of size 4 bytes.

ERROR: In ..\..\VTK\Imaging\vtkImageImport.cxx, line 439
vtkImageImport (1279EAE8): Calling UpdateDataCallback: c:\cygwin\home\pieper\slicer3\release\slicer3-lib\insight\code\common\itkImportImageContainer.txx:188:
Failed to allocate memory for image.

I don't undestand what is happening, since I used the module to elaborate analogous images in the past (and it worked).
I also tried to elaborate 16-bit images and 8-bit images, to see if there was any difference, but I got the same error message in both cases.

Can someone help me solve this problem?

Thank a lot.
Valentina

Re: Error in memory allocation

madanrao
Hello,

The MRI volume is too big for the module. Try load a smaller sub volume of it.

AM Mohan Rao