Error loading shared libraries

Strugari, Matthew SCA
Error loading shared libraries

Hi,

The last few nightly builds have been returning the error:

/<Slicer>/./bin/SlicerApp-real: error while loading shared libraries: libi2d.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

This is occurring for me on Ubuntu 12.04.

Matthew

Re: Error loading shared libraries

Steve Pieper-2
(sorry, message sent prematurely)

What I was saying is that the dcmtk shared libraries are missing from the distribution for some reason that will need some investigation (Alireza, could you file a mantis issue on this - I think we'll need Jc to look into this when he returns from his trip).

In the mean time, here's a workaround that should do the trick:  download this file: http://joe.bwh.harvard.edu/tmp/dcmtk-libs.tar.gz and and extract the contents into the lib/Slicer-4.3 directory of your slicer.

Note that to debug this kind of thing on linux you can use:

  ./Slicer --launch ldd bin/SlicerApp-real

which will give you a list of all the shared library resolutions.  Most of the libs should be inside lib/Slicer-4.3 with the exception of a few standard libraries in /usr/lib or /lib.

-Steve