Exporting 3D objects in .OBJ format from Slicer

Exporting 3D objects in .OBJ format from Slicer

Mohamed Atef
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Exporting 3D objects in .OBJ format from Slicer

Andras Lasso-2

Volume rendering is equivalent with surface rendering of hundreds of semitransparent textured surface layers, so you won’t be able to reproduce the same visual appearance by rendering a simple textured surface (what on .obj file can store).

If you need high-quality surface models then you have to segment your volume.

Andras

I wanted to export 3D object after its volume-rendered from slicer to use in another platform, but i saw the available format for extraction is only in .stl , so i'd like to know if anyone has done this before. or any ideas about how to do so? I appreciate your response.

Regards,

Mohamed

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Exporting 3D objects in .OBJ format from Slicer

Segment manually (using Editor) and create model (using Model Maker). You can save the result in ply, stl, … and use an online converter to convert from this format to any other (e.g., obj).

Andras

So what i need to do is to extract the volume in .stl form (of slicer) then segment it manually to get .Obj format? I hope i understood right.

Mohamed.