Extension Management Wizard VmtkSlicerModule file & directory conflict on Vista

Extension Management Wizard VmtkSlicerModule file & directory conflict on Vista

madanrao
Hello,

When I use Slicer3 Extensions Wizard to download VmtkSlicerModules (along with other modules):

There is a file VmtkSlicerModule (with no extension : size 446kb).

Apparently this file blocks the creation of a folder by the same name on Windows.

Hence I get a long list of errors in tcl:

Error: No files matched glob pattern: "C:/Users/mohan rao/AppData/Local/Temp/Slicer3/VmtkSlicerModule/*"
while running Slicer3 after the download.

Is VmtkSlicerModule file the problem in windows?

AM Mohan Rao

Re: Extension Management Wizard VmtkSlicerModule file & directory conflict on Vista

Daniel Haehn
Hi Mohan,

I ran into this recently as well and figured out the following
workaround:

On Windows you likely get the following folder structure after
installing the VMTK extensions (11591 is the svn revision of my Slicer,
probably differs at your place):

Slicer3/11591
        /VMTKCenterlines/*.py
        /VMTKEasyLevelSetSegmentation/*.py
        /VMTKVesselEnhancement/*.py
        /VmtkSlicerModule (single file)

This is wrong. It should like the following:

Slicer3/11591
        /VMTKCenterlines/VMTKCenterlines/*.py
        /VMTKEasyLevelSetSegmentation/VMTKEasyLevelSetSegmentation/*.py
        /VMTKVesselEnhancement/VMTKVesselEnhancement/*.py
        /VmtkSlicerModule/*.dll *.lib

In the Slicer3 directory the original Extension .zip files (f.e.
VmtkSlicerModule-svn98-2010-01-06-win32.zip..) exist. So you can easily
unzip them by hand and create the correct folder structure.

Please tell me if it works for you.

Bye,
Daniel

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 21:10 +0530, Madan Rao wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I use Slicer3 Extensions Wizard to download VmtkSlicerModules
> (along with other modules):
>
> There is a file VmtkSlicerModule (with no extension : size 446kb).
>
> Apparently this file blocks the creation of a folder by the same name
> on Windows.
>
> Hence I get a long list of errors in tcl:
>
> Error: No files matched glob pattern: "C:/Users/mohan
> rao/AppData/Local/Temp/Slicer3/VmtkSlicerModule/*"
> while running Slicer3 after the download.
>
> Is VmtkSlicerModule file the problem in windows?
>
> AM Mohan Rao

Re: [slicer-users] Extension Management Wizard VmtkSlicerModule file & directory conflict on Vista

madanrao
Hello Daniel,

Thanks.

I made the changes suggested by you and was successful in loading your vmtk tutorial volume.

With this setup ( I followed your tutorial), I could not link to the Slicer3( I get the error
vmtkslicermodule not found).

I notice the following libraries missing in the vmtkSlicerModule you provide:
vtkvmtkITK, vtkvmtkITKTCL,vtkvmtkSegmentation, vtkvmtkSegmentationTCL.

When I add these from my cygwin build Slicer, I could link to the Slicer3, but
Slicer3-real crashes with the warning Data Execution Protection etc..

May be you could provide the missing libraries and I can check them.

AM Mohan Rao

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 10:44 PM, Daniel Haehn <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mohan,

I ran into this recently as well and figured out the following
workaround:

On Windows you likely get the following folder structure after
installing the VMTK extensions (11591 is the svn revision of my Slicer,
probably differs at your place):

Slicer3/11591
       /VMTKCenterlines/*.py
       /VMTKEasyLevelSetSegmentation/*.py
       /VMTKVesselEnhancement/*.py
       /VmtkSlicerModule (single file)

This is wrong. It should like the following:

Slicer3/11591
       /VMTKCenterlines/VMTKCenterlines/*.py
       /VMTKEasyLevelSetSegmentation/VMTKEasyLevelSetSegmentation/*.py
       /VMTKVesselEnhancement/VMTKVesselEnhancement/*.py
       /VmtkSlicerModule/*.dll *.lib

In the Slicer3 directory the original Extension .zip files (f.e.
VmtkSlicerModule-svn98-2010-01-06-win32.zip..) exist. So you can easily
unzip them by hand and create the correct folder structure.

Please tell me if it works for you.

Bye,
Daniel

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 21:10 +0530, Madan Rao wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I use Slicer3 Extensions Wizard to download VmtkSlicerModules
> (along with other modules):
>
> There is a file VmtkSlicerModule (with no extension : size 446kb).
>
> Apparently this file blocks the creation of a folder by the same name
> on Windows.
>
> Hence I get a long list of errors in tcl:
>
> Error: No files matched glob pattern: "C:/Users/mohan
> rao/AppData/Local/Temp/Slicer3/VmtkSlicerModule/*"
> while running Slicer3 after the download.
>
> Is VmtkSlicerModule file the problem in windows?
>
> AM Mohan Rao

Re: Extension Management Wizard VmtkSlicerModulefile & directory conflict on Vista

Daniel Haehn
Hi Mohan,

try the newest extension build from yesterday:

http://ext.slicer.org/ext/trunk/11697-win32/

or specifically:

http://ext.slicer.org/ext/trunk/11697%2dwin32/VmtkSlicerModule%2dsvn100%2d2010%2d01%2d19%2dwin32.zip

The libraries you mentioned are included in this one.

HTH,
Daniel