Extension Manager on MacOSX Sierra 10.12

Extension Manager on MacOSX Sierra 10.12

Douglas Rowland
Hi,
I have downloaded and installed slicer on my Mac laptop. When I try to open the extension manager I get the following.

Ooop. Extensions can not be installed !

  • Extensions install directory is expected to be readable/writable/executable:/private/var/folders/kj/9m4qv0w56sg7n0kp6q331hqw0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/A5C21EE5-1BF9-41C4-BEA8-BED5CBA1E60E/d/Slicer.app/Contents/Extensions-25516
  • Check that 3D Slicer is properly installed. Read more ?
When I click the read more, it takes me to a slicer page that lists for MacOSx to do the following:

  1. Double click on the downloaded Slicer-4.3.0-linux-amd64.exe package.
  2. Follow instructions displayed on the screen.

The stable release of Slicer is 4.6. and for Mac download it is a dmg file. Not sure how to get around this. Any help to be able to get Extension manager to work would be great.

Thanks

Doug

Re: Extension Manager on MacOSX Sierra 10.12

Steve Pieper-2
Hi Doug -

On the mac you need to drag the app into a folder where you have read-write access and then you can install extensions.

HTH,
Steve

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 11:33 PM, Douglas J Rowland <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for pointing out the issue with the instructions - on the wiki page pointed to from the extension manager the column labels were mixed up so the macosx and linux instructions were listed in the wrong place.

I fixed the page and confirmed the process works for me with the 4.6.2 binary.

Can you try again?

-Steve