Extension manager never finalizes search

Extension manager never finalizes search

Andrey Fedorov-2
Hi,

I have a user who is using Slicer at work (there is a firewall in
place), and he is unable to install extensions because Extension
manager never loads all extensions.

He is able to download extension packages directly from the dashboard,
as well as the Slicer installer.

What could be causing problems with the Extension manager?

AF

Re: Extension manager never finalizes search

Andras Lasso-2
The web browser widget in extension manager uses the default system proxy. Has the user set any other proxy in his web browser application?

Can he download extension packages from MIDAS?

Re: Extension manager never finalizes search

Murat Maga
In my work environment we have a firewall that was coupled to an automatic virus scanner. Quite often It stalls scanning large zip file with lots of files (like slicer installer).

You can download the extension directly from the Slicer app store by specifying the appropriate platform and release number:

http://slicer.kitware.com/midas3/slicerappstore

Re: Extension manager never finalizes search

Andrey Fedorov-2
>> You can download the extension directly from the Slicer app store by
>> specifying the appropriate platform and release number:

Right, but I would prefer not to do that, since the process can become
quite cumbersome for the extensions with dependencies ...

> Has the user set any other proxy in his web browser application?

I don't know .... David, do you?

> Can he download extension packages from MIDAS?

yes

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 1:23 PM, David Flade <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks guys, I will play a bit around given the Information you provided and
> let you know next week!
> David
>
> Am 09.12.2016 6:41 nachm. schrieb "Murat Maga" <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> In my work environment we have a firewall that was coupled to an automatic
>> virus scanner. Quite often It stalls scanning large zip file with lots of
>> files (like slicer installer).
>>
>> You can download the extension directly from the Slicer app store by
>> specifying the appropriate platform and release number:
>>
>> http://slicer.kitware.com/midas3/slicerappstore

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin
Hi Andrey,

The idea is to add (or extend) a settings panel to allow a proxy to be configured.

More details are posted here: http://na-mic.org/Mantis/view.php?id=3329#c14273

Hth
Jc

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Andrey Fedorov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> You can download the extension directly from the Slicer app store by
>> specifying the appropriate platform and release number:

Right, but I would prefer not to do that, since the process can become
quite cumbersome for the extensions with dependencies ...

> Has the user set any other proxy in his web browser application?

I don't know .... David, do you?

> Can he download extension packages from MIDAS?

yes

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 1:23 PM, David Flade <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks guys, I will play a bit around given the Information you provided and
> let you know next week!
> David
>
> Am 09.12.2016 6:41 nachm. schrieb "Murat Maga" <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> In my work environment we have a firewall that was coupled to an automatic
>> virus scanner. Quite often It stalls scanning large zip file with lots of
>> files (like slicer installer).
>>
>> You can download the extension directly from the Slicer app store by
>> specifying the appropriate platform and release number:
>>
>> http://slicer.kitware.com/midas3/slicerappstore

+1 919 869 8849