Extract Skull from MRI image

Tae-young
Hi everyone.

I'm a new slicer-user.
I want to extract skull segment from MRI data.
Is there any module to estimate skull from MRI at Slice?

Actually, I read a paper was written by Torrado-Carvajal "Multi-Atlas and Label Fusion Approach for Patient Specific MRI Based Skull Estimation"

In this paper figure.3 author used SkullSegmenter module in Slicer to extract skull from MRI
But I can't find SkullSegmenter module in Slicer ver 4.6.2

This is the figure.3 what I read in

Re: Extract Skull from MRI image

Felix
Maybe it is a in house built module. You can find other modules for skull
stripping or, if you want, I can try to contact to the corresponding author
if you give me the full reference of the paper.

Re: Extract Skull from MRI image

Felix
Maybe it is a in house built module. You can find other modules for skull stripping or, if you want, I can try to contact to the corresponding author if you give me the full reference of the paper.

Re: Extract Skull from MRI image

Tae-young
This is the full reference

2016 Apr;75(4):1797-807. doi: 10.1002/mrm.25737. Epub 2015 May 18.
Multi-atlas and label fusion approach for patient-specific MRI based skull estimation

Thank you for your help!! ^^

P.S what is the mean of house built module ??

Re: Extract Skull from MRI image

Felix
Sorry, I forgot this thread.

I've just written to the author. I'll give you a feedback as soon as I have
an answer.

I meant a "homemade" module.

I meant a "homemade" module.

Re: Extract Skull from MRI image

Felix
Sorry, I had no answer from the authors. I've written them two times but no
luck.