Fast Marching segmentation module called from Python

Fast Marching segmentation module called from Python

John Fredy
hello all,

I am trying to call the Fast Marching Segmentation module from the Python console ( plugin2 = Slicer.Plugin("Fast Marching Segmentation") ), I have recovered 87 modules but the Fast Marching is not included, How I can obtain that module from the Python console?

Thanks in advance

Re: Fast Marching segmentation module called from Python

swallace
Have you tried a manual installation:

svn checkout https://www.nitrc.org/svn/slicervmtklvlst

Let us know if that doesnt do the trick...

> hello all,
>
> I am trying to call the Fast Marching Segmentation module from the Python
> console ( plugin2 = Slicer.Plugin("Fast Marching Segmentation") ), I have
> recovered 87 modules but the Fast Marching is not included, How I can
> obtain
> that module from the Python console?
>

> Thanks in advance
> subject

Re: Fast Marching segmentation module called from Python

John Fredy
Hello Wallace

I am using the fast marching module that comes from default in slicer, is the invocation of the module from the python console that don´t work

Somebody have a complete guide for python programming in the 3DSlicer platform?

Regards

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 8:51 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Have you tried a manual installation:

svn checkout https://www.nitrc.org/svn/slicervmtklvlst

Let us know if that doesnt do the trick...

> hello all,
>
> I am trying to call the Fast Marching Segmentation module from the Python
> console ( plugin2 = Slicer.Plugin("Fast Marching Segmentation") ), I have
> recovered 87 modules but the Fast Marching is not included, How I can
> obtain
> that module from the Python console?
>

> Thanks in advance
> subject

Re: Fast Marching segmentation module called from Python

Andrey Fedorov
Hello John,

Please note that fast marching is a scripted, interactive Tcl module.
First, since this is an interactive module, I do not think it is
suitable for batch invocation. Second, I do not know if Tcl module
invocation is technically possible from python console. Maybe python
experts can help here.

Are there any interactive scripted Tcl modules among those 87 that you
recovered?

AF

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 22:07, John Fredy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Wallace
>
> I am using the fast marching module that comes from default in slicer, is
> the invocation of the module from the python console that don´t work
>
> Somebody have a complete guide for python programming in the 3DSlicer
> platform?
>
> Regards
>
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 8:51 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Have you tried a manual installation:
>>
>> svn checkout https://www.nitrc.org/svn/slicervmtklvlst
>>
>> Let us know if that doesnt do the trick...
>>

>> > hello all,
>> >
>> > I am trying to call the Fast Marching Segmentation module from the
>> > Python
>> > console ( plugin2 = Slicer.Plugin("Fast Marching Segmentation") ), I
>> > have
>> > recovered 87 modules but the Fast Marching is not included, How I can
>> > obtain
>> > that module from the Python console?
>> >

>> > Thanks in advance
>> > subject

Re: Fast Marching segmentation module called from Python

John Fredy
Hello Andriy, all the modules are command line, maybe the best option is try to program the module based in the tcl script

Thanks

John
On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Andriy Fedorov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello John,

Please note that fast marching is a scripted, interactive Tcl module.
First, since this is an interactive module, I do not think it is
suitable for batch invocation. Second, I do not know if Tcl module
invocation is technically possible from python console. Maybe python
experts can help here.

Are there any interactive scripted Tcl modules among those 87 that you
recovered?

AF

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 22:07, John Fredy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello Wallace
>
> I am using the fast marching module that comes from default in slicer, is
> the invocation of the module from the python console that don´t work
>
> Somebody have a complete guide for python programming in the 3DSlicer
> platform?
>
> Regards
>
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 8:51 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Have you tried a manual installation:
>>
>> svn checkout https://www.nitrc.org/svn/slicervmtklvlst
>>
>> Let us know if that doesnt do the trick...
>>

>> > hello all,
>> >
>> > I am trying to call the Fast Marching Segmentation module from the
>> > Python
>> > console ( plugin2 = Slicer.Plugin("Fast Marching Segmentation") ), I
>> > have
>> > recovered 87 modules but the Fast Marching is not included, How I can
>> > obtain
>> > that module from the Python console?
>> >

>> > Thanks in advance
>> > subject

Re: Fast Marching segmentation module called from Python

madanrao
Hello all,

...any object available to Tcl is the same object available to Python, and this allows for a great flexibility, as everything lives in a common space.

http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Slicer3:Python

AM Mohan Rao

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 6:56 AM, John Fredy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Andriy, all the modules are command line, maybe the best option is try to program the module based in the tcl script

Thanks

John

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Andriy Fedorov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello John,

Please note that fast marching is a scripted, interactive Tcl module.
First, since this is an interactive module, I do not think it is
suitable for batch invocation. Second, I do not know if Tcl module
invocation is technically possible from python console. Maybe python
experts can help here.

Are there any interactive scripted Tcl modules among those 87 that you
recovered?

AF

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 22:07, John Fredy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello Wallace
>
> I am using the fast marching module that comes from default in slicer, is
> the invocation of the module from the python console that don´t work
>
> Somebody have a complete guide for python programming in the 3DSlicer
> platform?
>
> Regards
>
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 8:51 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Have you tried a manual installation:
>>
>> svn checkout https://www.nitrc.org/svn/slicervmtklvlst
>>
>> Let us know if that doesnt do the trick...
>>

>> > hello all,
>> >
>> > I am trying to call the Fast Marching Segmentation module from the
>> > Python
>> > console ( plugin2 = Slicer.Plugin("Fast Marching Segmentation") ), I
>> > have
>> > recovered 87 modules but the Fast Marching is not included, How I can
>> > obtain
>> > that module from the Python console?
>> >

>> > Thanks in advance
>> > subject

Re: Fast Marching segmentation module called from Python

swallace
Hi John,

Here are some other Slicer/Python resources that might come in handy:

http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Slicer3:Execution_Model_Documentation:Programmatic_Invocation#Python_Example

http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Slicer3:Execution_Model_Documentation:Python

> Hello Andriy, all the modules are command line, maybe the best option is
> try
> to program the module based in the tcl script
>
> Thanks
>

> John
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Andriy Fedorov
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Hello John,
>>
>> Please note that fast marching is a scripted, interactive Tcl module.
>> First, since this is an interactive module, I do not think it is
>> suitable for batch invocation. Second, I do not know if Tcl module
>> invocation is technically possible from python console. Maybe python
>> experts can help here.
>>
>> Are there any interactive scripted Tcl modules among those 87 that you
>> recovered?
>>
>> AF
>>

>> On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 22:07, John Fredy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hello Wallace
>> >
>> > I am using the fast marching module that comes from default in slicer,
>> is
>> > the invocation of the module from the python console that don´t work
>> >
>> > Somebody have a complete guide for python programming in the 3DSlicer
>> > platform?
>> >
>> > Regards

>> can

>> the

Re: Fast Marching segmentation module called from Python

John Fredy
Thanks Wallace, I going to read that material

Regards