From Yuan Ma - 2016-10-6 - "How-to question"

ma gary
Dear Slicer-users,

My apology for the sudden disruption. Being just a novice 3D Slicer User, if I may, I would like to ask a question. And I would be very grateful if someone may help me to solve the problem.

What I want to do is that:
1. Cut the volume of CT data (in the form of DICOM) in half, upper part and lower part.
2. Tilts the upper part with a certain degree.
3. Output as a new DICOM file including both the upper and lower parts.

Illustration goes as following:
I really appreciate if someone would tell me how to realize this kind of modification of CT data via 3D slicer.

Your sincerely,

Ma

Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan

Re: From Yuan Ma - 2016-10-6 - "How-to question"

Steve Pieper-2
Hi Ma -

One way to do this is to use the Crop Volume module to make the two new volumes of the two parts.  Then you can assign a transform to one of the volumes and move it where you want.  Then you can use Crop Volume again to make a volume that is the full extent of the two volumes you want to put together and crop the rotated one into it.  Then you can use Add Scalar Volume to add the other part of the volume.  You will need to be careful at the seam between the volumes obviously and may need to mask one of the volumes.  Of course if you want to make all this precise you may want to write a script that determines the rotations and cut planes.

HTH,
Steve