Fwd: How to choose best data from a CT scan

Fwd: How to choose best data from a CT scan

Boyd Goldie
I am an orthopaedic surgeon using Slicer to make 3D models from a patient's CT scan.  When I get the disc with the CT on I copy all the data files into a directory.

When I first started using slicer I used to see thumbnails of all the images in a CT series from one examination.  I used to choose the series with the most images to get the best quality reconstruction.

Now when I click on an examination I get a list of the series but I cannot see thumbnails and there is no  indication of how many images are in the series

Is there a way to see the thumbnails on the later versions of Slicer?
Inline images 1

Thanks

Boyd

Re: How to choose best data from a CT scan

Andras Lasso-2

We plan to improve the DICOM browser, but for now what you can do is the following:

  • load all series in a study (just select the study, by default it’ll select all series in it)
  • use Subject Hierarchy module to quickly browse through the loaded volumes:
    • click on the eye icon to show/hide a volume
    • hover the mouse over the name of the volume and keep it there for a few seconds to see dimensions and resolutions in a tooltip

Andras