Fwd: Smooth interpolation in 4.7 version?

Fwd: Smooth interpolation in 4.7 version?

Garcia Cañadilla, Patricia
Dear 3DSlicer community,

I was segmenting some regions in my images, by labeling just some slices and then performing a 3D interpolation, and I've realised that the interpolation function found in Segment Editor -> Smoothing -> Interpolation has disappeared (in the stable version 4.6 it is). Is this correct? So, if I want to use this function I need to work with the 4.6 version of 3DSlicer?

Also I've realised that I cannot open a segmentation done with version 4.7 in the older version 4.6... why?

Thank you very much in advance.

Patricia Garcia-Cañadilla
Post-doctoral researcher

Physense research group
Departament de Tecnologies de la Informació i les Comunicacions
Roc Boronat 138, 08018 Barcelona
Edifici Tànger. Despatx 55 115

Re: Smooth interpolation in 4.7 version?

Andras Lasso-2

The effect is moved to the Auto-complete effect so that you can preview and refine results.

> I cannot open a segmentation done with version 4.7 in the older version 4.6... why

Scenes are backward-compatible (an old scene can be opened with new version of Slicer), but in general an older Slicer version is not guaranteed work with scenes created with a newer Slicer version.

Andras

Re: Smooth interpolation in 4.7 version?

Garcia Cañadilla, Patricia
Hi Andras,

Thank you for your fast answer. I am really new using 3Dslicer, so could you please tell me where I can found the Auto-complete effect, and how to proceed?

Thanks,

On 24 February 2017 at 15:43, Andras Lasso <[hidden email]> wrote:

The effect is moved to the Auto-complete effect so that you can preview and refine results.

> I cannot open a segmentation done with version 4.7 in the older version 4.6... why

Scenes are backward-compatible (an old scene can be opened with new version of Slicer), but in general an older Slicer version is not guaranteed work with scenes created with a newer Slicer version.

Andras

Re: Smooth interpolation in 4.7 version?

Delvan Neville
On the 28-2-2017 Nightly of 4.7.0, the two forms of autocomplete (Grow from seeds and Fill between slices) have their own buttons.  Fill between slices is the effect you're looking for.  You'll find it in the Segment Editor module:

Inline image 1

There's a bug at the moment keeping us from downloading the absolute newest build of the nightly, but you can get the version I'm using by going to http://download.slicer.org/?offset=-1.

Sincerely,
Delvan Neville

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 7:47 AM, Garcia Cañadilla, Patricia <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Andras,

Thank you for your fast answer. I am really new using 3Dslicer, so could you please tell me where I can found the Auto-complete effect, and how to proceed?

Thanks,

Patricia Garcia-Cañadilla
Post-doctoral researcher

Physense research group
Departament de Tecnologies de la Informació i les Comunicacions
Roc Boronat 138, 08018 Barcelona
Edifici Tànger. Despatx 55 115

On 24 February 2017 at 15:43, Andras Lasso <[hidden email]> wrote:

The effect is moved to the Auto-complete effect so that you can preview and refine results.

> I cannot open a segmentation done with version 4.7 in the older version 4.6... why

Scenes are backward-compatible (an old scene can be opened with new version of Slicer), but in general an older Slicer version is not guaranteed work with scenes created with a newer Slicer version.

Andras

Re: Smooth interpolation in 4.7 version?

Note that in the latest nightly release I've split the two auto-complete methods into two separate effects (Grow from seeds; Fill between slices) because several people reported it was too confusing to have both in one effect.

Andras