How to Link Cursor Position in Slice Viewers to 3D Viewer?

How to Link Cursor Position in Slice Viewers to 3D Viewer?

Constantine Zakkaroff
Hello ALL.

I'm wondering if there's a way to have the position of the cursor in any
of the Slice Viewers displayed simultaneously as some sort of marker in
the 3D Viewer? This would be extremely useful while using the Editor
module for creating manual segmentation of some complex object which is
simultaneously rendered in the 3D Viewer. For example, vascular trees
are naturally hard to follow in 2D, but with an indication of the cursor
position in the 3D Viewer, the process of manual segmentation could be
made easier.

Regards,
Constantine

Re: How to Link Cursor Position in Slice Viewers to 3D Viewer?

Hi Constantine -

Did you try the Fiducials for this?  You can place a fiducial by
changing the mouse mode (on the toolbar) or with the 'p' key in a slice
view and it will show in 2D and 3D.  You can use the prev/next fiducial
buttons in the editor to scroll through the fiducials (or you can use
the backtick key '`' as a shortcut.

Another option is to paint one slice in, say, the coronal view and then