Import from Matlab

Caner Gumus
Hi,

I have pre-processed MR images from a project in .mat file.
I need to import that .mat Matlab file to Slicer.
How can I do that?

Thanks,
Caner

Re: Import from Matlab

Jayender Jagadeesan
I think the solution is to load the mat file in MATLAB and write the MR images (3D matrix) to dicom file(s) (using dicomwrite or dicomwritevolume) with appropriate headers and import it into Slicer.

Jay

On 6/3/2010 10:12 AM, Caner Gumus wrote:
Hi,

I have pre-processed MR images from a project in .mat file.
I need to import that .mat Matlab file to Slicer.
How can I do that?

Thanks,
Caner

Jayender Jagadeesan, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow, BWH, MGH
Research Fellow, Harvard Medical School
Surgical Planning Laboratory
L1-050, 75 Francis Street
Brigham and Women's Hospital
Boston, MA 02115, USA
Ph: (617) 732 5500 x 31420
Email: [hidden email]

Re: Import from Matlab

Isaiah Norton
Another possibility is to save the files from Matlab into NRRD format
first and then read into Slicer.

There is some code in the teem library to wrap the nrrdLoad and nrrdSave
routines for matlab (as mex files). See this directory and README:

.../Slicer3-lib/teem/src/matlab

For more build instructions and some nice wrapper code to give a richer
interface see:

http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/Projects:MATLABSlicerExampleModule

Oh, for the above you will need to have the Slicer source available.. If
you only have the Slicer release bundle, the routines in this directory
may help:

.../Slicer3/Modules/SlicerDaemon/Matlab/

I haven't looked into them in depth, but they might let you avoid
building from source and compiling the mex if that is a problem. HTH,

-Isaiah