Load a new color palette...

Gonzalo Rojas Costa

Hi:

How can I download a new color palette in 3DSlicer ?

Sincerely,

Gonzalo Rojas Costa

------------------------------------
Gonzalo Rojas Costa
Laboratory for Advanced Medical Image Processing
Department of Radiology
Clinica las Condes
Lo Fontecilla 441, Las Condes, Santiago, Chile
Tel: 56-2-2105170
Cel:<a href="tel:56-9-97771785"> 56-9-97771785
www.clc cl
https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=LO7LZ3oAAAAJ

Re: Load a new color palette...

Murat Maga

Hi Gonzalo,

I am not sure what exactly you are referring with color palette.

You can create a new color lookup table (for example if you want to use your own coloring scheme for labels/segmentations) using the Colors module and save it. If you are referring to volume rendering properties for 3D rendering, you can modify it to your liking and save it as well for future use.

However, I am not aware of a way to add those to presets, so that it automatically loads each time Slicer is started. That would be a nice feature (for me).

Re: Load a new color palette...

Kikinis, Ron,M.D.
Hi Murat,

the inputs panel in the volume rendering module has a line called property. That property file can be saved and loaded from the save menu.

I am attaching a screenshot for a custom volume rendering property file that I created and the actual property file. You can load the chest data set from the samples, drag and drop the attached .vp file, center the camera and you will get a similar rendering.

Best

Ron

On Aug 17, 2016, at 1:31 PM, Murat Maga <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Cel:<a href="tel:56-9-97771785" class="" style="color:purple; text-decoration:underline"> 56-9-97771785
www.clc cl
https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=LO7LZ3oAAAAJ

Ron Kikinis, M.D.,
Robert Greenes Distinguished Director of Biomedical Informatics
Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Director, Surgical Planning Laboratory
http://www.spl.harvard.edu/~kikinis

Rons Custom VolumeProperty_1.vp (374 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Load a new color palette...

Murat Maga

Hi Ron,

Yes, I do that. But each time I need them, I need to load them manually. Yet, there are those about 20 VP presets which automatically gets loaded into Slicer every time. I never ever use them, because I don’t work with those modalities.  I would prefer, if my own color LUTs and VPs customized to my lab’s modalities and use cases automatically gets loaded (without resorting to a python script). Is there a way to do that at least by .slicerrc.py?

Re: Load a new color palette...

Andras Lasso-2

Yes, you can specify additional custom VR presets and remove any presets that you don’t need using .slicerrc.py.

See detailed description and example here:

https://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/Nightly/Modules/VolumeRendering#How_to_register_custom_volume_rendering_presets

Andras

Yes, I do that. But each time I need them, I need to load them manually. Yet, there are those about 20 VP presets which automatically gets loaded into Slicer every time. I never ever use them, because I don’t work with those modalities.  I would prefer, if my own color LUTs and VPs customized to my lab’s modalities and use cases automatically gets loaded (without resorting to a python script). Is there a way to do that at least by .slicerrc.py?

Re: Load a new color palette...

Kikinis, Ron,M.D.
Hi Murat,

I guess, that you could manually edit the file called presets.xml in your slicer installation. That file contains the presets that come with Slicer. You could create and save custom transfer functions and then add them. But this is certainly not a trivial thing to do. See attached screenshot for an example and the location in the slicer directory tree.

Best

Ron

On Aug 17, 2016, at 2:02 PM, Murat Maga <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Cel:<a href="tel:56-9-97771785" style="color: purple; text-decoration: underline;" class=""> 56-9-97771785
www.clc cl
https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=LO7LZ3oAAAAJ

Ron Kikinis, M.D.,
Robert Greenes Distinguished Director of Biomedical Informatics
Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Director, Surgical Planning Laboratory
http://www.spl.harvard.edu/~kikinis
<image001.png>