Massih
Hi,

I've preprocessed my DWI files in another software which can export these as
Nifti or Analyze.  When I load these files in Slicer, they do so
appropriately, but are not recognized at DWIs.  Any idea how to go about
this, or how to do Eddy current correction and motion correction in Slicer?

Thanks,

Massih

<file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/mmoayedi/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/Loading%20nifti%20DWI%20files.eml>

--
Massieh Moayedi B.Sc. (Hons)
PhD Student

Brain, Imaging and Behaviour- Systems Neuroscience
MP 14-301
Toronto Western Research Institute
University Health Network
399 Bathurst Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M5T 2S8
Tel: 416-603-5882

http://individual.utoronto.ca/PSMJC

Re: Loading Nifti or Analyze DWI files

Hi Massih -

For slicer we adopted the nrrd format because it nicely captures all the
details for diffusion work in an unambiguous format:

http://wiki.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/NAMIC_Wiki:DTI:Nrrd_format

Unfortunately I don't think nifti or analyze formats are 'standardized'
with respect to diffusion (i.e. there's no single format for gradient
vectors that tools using nifti all agree upon).  Do you know if such a
standard exists?  If so a link would be great...

Typically what people end up doing is working out the .nhdr file
manually that works with the raw data in their .img file so they can
interoperate with other specific tools.

Or they us the DicomToNrrd filter to put dicoms into slicer directly and
then figure out how to export the result into other tools.