Andrey Fedorov
Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to load a stack of .tiff
images, which represent slices of the same volume, into a Slicer
volume image.

I understand I can compose these by writing a code, but I am
interested to know if such feature is available in Slicer on user
level, since I was asked by a collaborator, who may not have an option
to code in ITK.

Is there a way to do this in Slicer? If not, can anybody suggest a
tool, which would allow to convert a set of 2d images into a 3d
volume?

Thanks

Andrey Fedorov

Re: Loading a stack of .tiff images

Dominik Meier

Hi Andriy

Osirix will import and export TIF image stacks. Freeware, but Mac OS only.

Dominik

On Dec 11, 2009, at 11:44 AM, Andriy Fedorov wrote:

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to load a stack of .tiff
images, which represent slices of the same volume, into a Slicer
volume image.

I understand I can compose these by writing a code, but I am
interested to know if such feature is available in Slicer on user
level, since I was asked by a collaborator, who may not have an option
to code in ITK.

Is there a way to do this in Slicer? If not, can anybody suggest a
tool, which would allow to convert a set of 2d images into a 3d
volume?

Thanks

Andrey Fedorov

Re: Loading a stack of .tiff images

Andrey Fedorov
Stuart Wallace pointed out this recent thread:
http://massmail.spl.harvard.edu/pipermail/slicer-users/2009/002420.html

which seems to answer the question. Looks like "Add volume" can do it.
I have not tried if this works, because I don't have the images, but I
will forward the information to the collaborator.

Dominik, Stuart -- thanks a lot for your replies!

AF