Mapping Fiducial List Using Registration Transforms

Mapping Fiducial List Using Registration Transforms

Ashley Weaver
Hello,
I am in need of code or a custom Slicer module that uses the registration transforms from Slicer (linear and non-linear transforms) to map select landmarks (fiducial list) from one coordinate system to another. The idea is to select a fiducial set in the moving image and map it to the fixed image using the transforms, and save the list of mapped fiducial coordinates.  Someone was previously working on this for me so the code is partially complete and I'd just need someone to finish it up. I can provide some funding for this if necessary.

Please let me know if you can offer advice or would have time to write code to accomplish this task. I am not aware of functions in Slicer or other software programs that are available to perform this type of task.

Thanks!
-Ashley

Re: Mapping Fiducial List Using Registration Transforms

Hi Ashley -

For the linear transforms there is the ability to "Harden" the fiducials
via a right click menu in the Data module.  I don't know for sure, but I
think this does not support non-linear transforms.

This project, and the model measurements you mentioned would be fairly
straightforward scripts to write - perhaps you could give me some more
details about your use cases, off-list if you prefer, and we can
brainstorm about how much work it would be and how it might get
accomplished.