Modify slice orientation tools

Morgan Sangeux
Hi,

I am planning to use 3D Slicer to make simple anatomical angle/distance measurements. The feature I like with 3D slicer is that it can produce an oblique slice.
However, I am accustomed to medical image acquisition software where we can define the oblique slice by drawing the normal axis on one of the standard view (eg. the coronal view). This feature makes the definition of the oblique slice very precise and easy to perform.
At the moment, the only way I figured out to do this with 3D Slicer is to rotate the slice with the mouse in the 3D view and display another slice at the same time to guide my movement. Do you have a better way?

Thanks,

Morgan

Re: Modify slice orientation tools

Julien Finet
Have you looked at the reformat module ?
It gives fine control over the normal of the plane. You also have a mode where the oblique plane follows the camera.

Julien.

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 7:38 PM, Morgan Sangeux <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am planning to use 3D Slicer to make simple anatomical angle/distance measurements. The feature I like with 3D slicer is that it can produce an oblique slice.
However, I am accustomed to medical image acquisition software where we can define the oblique slice by drawing the normal axis on one of the standard view (eg. the coronal view). This feature makes the definition of the oblique slice very precise and easy to perform.
At the moment, the only way I figured out to do this with 3D Slicer is to rotate the slice with the mouse in the 3D view and display another slice at the same time to guide my movement. Do you have a better way?

Thanks,

Morgan

Re: Modify slice orientation tools

Morgan Sangeux
Thanks Julien, I should be able to get what I need with the individual rotation axis cursors.

How can I make this module easy to access from the toolbar or as a preferred module?
At the moment I have to display all modules and scroll down to Reformat.

Cheers,

Morgan