Need help

niraj arora
Hello,

I am doing research project on white matter disease (Leukoaraiosis) evaluation using MRI based volumetric technique. I downloaded slicer 3.6 from the webpage and have MAC OS for this project. The images I have are in DICOM format. I uploaded the images as mentioned on 3D slicer.

Am searching up in the tutorial and sample data of slicer web for how to evaluate the white matter volume. But cannot find any definite answer.

The software asks for "brain_mask.nii, reg+bias.nii images etc. which I am not able to understand what it is?

Can you help me to move forward with that work?

Sincere thanks

Niraj

Re: Need help

Kikinis, Ron,M.D.
Hi Niraj,

Did you try the white matter lesion segmentation?
http://wiki.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Modules:LesionSegmentationApplications-Documentation-3.6

Its calibrated for LE, but might work. The page above contains a link to
a tutorial with a sample data set.

Ron

On 11/20/11 11:34 AM, niraj arora wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am doing research project on white matter disease (Leukoaraiosis)
> evaluation using MRI based volumetric technique. I downloaded slicer 3.6
> from the webpage and have MAC OS for this project. The images I have are
> in DICOM format. I uploaded the images as mentioned on 3D slicer.
>
> Am searching up in the tutorial and sample data of slicer web for how to
> evaluate the white matter volume. But cannot find any definite answer.
>
> The software asks for "brain_mask.nii, reg+bias.nii images etc. which I
> am not able to understand what it is?
>
> Can you help me to move forward with that work?
>
> Sincere thanks
>
> Niraj

Ron Kikinis, M.D.,
Robert Greenes Distinguished Director of Biomedical Informatics
Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Director, Surgical Planning Laboratory
http://www.spl.harvard.edu/~kikinis

Re: Need help

madanrao
Hello Niraj,

Alternatively you can try EM Segmentation as developed by Kilian Pohl.

http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/images/2/24/AutomaticSegmentation_SoniaPujol.pdf

AM Mohan Rao