NeuroNav (patient coordinates)

stella ang
Hi all,

I have managed to link Aurora into Slicer 3 (the tracker can be seen moving in the Slicer 3), and the next step I wish to perform is registration using NeuroNav module.

Somehow the patient's coordinates cannot be detected, despite in the Transforms module, the coordinates (of reference frame) are moving.

Attached is a screenshot of the current status of the development and issue I faced.

Wondering could it be due to the building of IGSTK or the settings of MRML tree of Data module, that cause the problem?

Hope to seek some assistance. Thanks.

Regards,
Stella

slicer3_neuronav.PNG (434K) Download Attachment

Re: NeuroNav (patient coordinates)

Haiying Liu
Hi Stella,

If you can see the value changes in the transform node, it seems your
Aurora is well connected with Slicer3. To get patient's coordinates, point
your probe to the location you want to get values and then press "Get"
button inside the Registration tab in NeuroNav module.

Haiying

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 16:48:00 +0800, stella ang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I have managed to link Aurora into Slicer 3 (the tracker can be seen
> moving in the Slicer 3), and the next step I wish to perform is
> registration using NeuroNav module.
>

> Somehow the patient's coordinates cannot be detected, despite in the
> Transforms module, the coordinates (of reference frame) are moving.
>

> Attached is a screenshot of the current status of the development and
> issue I faced.
>

> Wondering could it be due to the building of IGSTK or the settings of
MRML

> tree of Data module, that cause the problem?
>

> Hope to seek some assistance. Thanks.
>

> Regards,
>
> Stella

Re: NeuroNav (patient coordinates)

Haiying Liu
Hi Stella,

Another thought:
If your Aurora is properly connected with Slicer3, you will find a
transform node is added into the MRML tree. Find the name of the
transform node and input it into the text entry of "Input (Transform)
Node Name. The patient's coordinates will be retrieved from this
transform node.

Haiying

hliu wrote:

> Hi Stella,
>
> If you can see the value changes in the transform node, it seems your
> Aurora is well connected with Slicer3. To get patient's coordinates, point
> your probe to the location you want to get values and then press "Get"
> button inside the Registration tab in NeuroNav module.
>

> Haiying
>
> On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 16:48:00 +0800, stella ang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>

>> I have managed to link Aurora into Slicer 3 (the tracker can be seen
>> moving in the Slicer 3), and the next step I wish to perform is
>> registration using NeuroNav module.
>>

>> Somehow the patient's coordinates cannot be detected, despite in the
>> Transforms module, the coordinates (of reference frame) are moving.
>>

>> Attached is a screenshot of the current status of the development and
>> issue I faced.
>>

>> Wondering could it be due to the building of IGSTK or the settings of
>>
> MRML
>
>> tree of Data module, that cause the problem?
>>

>> Hope to seek some assistance. Thanks.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Stella

Re: FW: NeuroNav (patient coordinates)

Haiying Liu
Hi Stella,

I just checked in a fix in NeuroNav, which allows users to get RAS
coordinates in the Green slice window by mouse click.

Best,

Haiying