'NoneType' object has no attribute 'fileValue'

'NoneType' object has no attribute 'fileValue'

alireza
Hi, my code for converting the dicom images to nrrd formats runs on linux well but it gives error on windows. I'm using slicer python interactor for running it: plugin = slicer.modules.dicomPlugins['DICOMScalarVolumePlugin']() loadables = plugin.examine([file_names]) Traceback (most recent call last): File "<console>", line 1, in <module> File "C:\Program Files\Slicer 4.6.2\lib\Slicer-4.6\qt-scripted-modules\DICOMLib\DICOMPlugin.py", line 119, in examine return self.examineForImport(fileList) File "C:/Program Files/Slicer 4.6.2/lib/Slicer-4.6/qt-scripted-modules/DICOMScalarVolumePlugin.py", line 52, in examineForImport loadablesForFiles = self.examineFiles(files) File "C:/Program Files/Slicer 4.6.2/lib/Slicer-4.6/qt-scripted-modules/DICOMScalarVolumePlugin.py", line 67, in examineFiles seriesUID = slicer.dicomDatabase.fileValue(files[0],self.tags['seriesUID']) AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'fileValue' first I thought the file path is the problem but slicer.util.loadVolume(file_names[0]) can load the dicom images to the scene, so i guess the path is correct. Does anyone know what is happening here? Thanks in advance

Re: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'fileValue'

Csaba Pinter-2

Hi Alireza,

Sometimes Slicer chooses a DICOM database path to be a folder that is not writable. Please open the DICOM module and make sure you choose a folder for the database that’s writable (top row right side, you need to click on the arrows to open up the selector).

FYI we moved all conversation do discourse.slicer.org, please post your next question there.

Cheers,

csaba

Re: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'fileValue'

alireza
Thank you, it solved my problem.

will post my questions to the new place in future, thanks