PET display max pixel value, and Volume Rendering triggers repeated rendering.

PET display max pixel value, and Volume Rendering triggers repeated rendering.

devakumar-3

Hi

When I loaded a PET dataset, maximum pixel value is around 32000. The maximum value available in Volumes (Module) à Display à Threshold box is 32768. I selected manual option in the Displayà Threshold. I selected FullRainbow color lookup table. The PET image shows only limited colors. Is it possible to display more colors by increasing the maximum display threshold value to higher than 32768? Now it is not possible to increase the maximum display threshold to higher than 32768. Is it because, the color steps available in the color lookup table is less?

Interactive mode in Volume Rendering is always enabled. Any mouse click on any Volume Properties of Volume Rendering triggers rendering even after NOT selecting interactive display option in Volume Rendering. This makes the system always busy and doesn’t allow doing the Volume rendering in a reasonable time. Any workaround for this?

I am using the nightly build tar.gz dated February 8, 2010 in a Linux machine.

Thanks

Kumar

Devakumar Devadhas

Post Doc Fellow

Department of Radiology and Molecular Biology

Thomas Jefferson University

Philadelphia, PA-19107

Re: PET display max pixel value, and Volume Rendering triggers repeated rendering.

Wendy Plesniak
Hi Kumar,
Regarding PET display, please try selecting the
PET dataset in the PETCTFusion module
(available in the nightly build of slicer) and
adjusting display there -- if you still have trouble,
let me know and I hope we can debug.
-wen

On Feb 9, 2010, at 8:26 PM, Devakumar wrote:

[...]

Yanling Liu
Hello Kumar,

When you saying click, did you mean press mouse button or press & release mouse button? When the "interactive apply" check button is unchecked, releasing mouse button does trigger volume rendering.

Yanling

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 8:26 PM, Devakumar <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Wen

It is working in PETCT Fusion module. Here also the maximum is set at 32768 and not possible to increase further. But the color shades are more and it helps to adjust the intensity by moving the lower threshold.

Thanks

Kumar

Devakumar Devadhas

Post Doc Fellow

Department of Radiology and Molecular Biology

Thomas Jefferson University

Philadelphia, PA-19107

Re: PET display max pixel value, and Volume Rendering triggers repeated rendering.

devakumar-3

Hi Yanling

Thanks. Yes, rendering is triggered when releasing the mouse button. If I work in a faster system, I need not wait for long time for each trigger-rendering cycle.