Performance Segmentation Editor

Daniel Sieber

Dear slicer-users,

I would like to start by thanking all the authors of Slicer 3D for their wonderful work which enables my research every day.

In particular the new Segmentations and Segmentation Editor modules seem to be a great step forward.

However, I am experiencing some troubles when using the new module with my relatively larges models.

The dataset which I am working on has about 275 mio pixels and at the end pretty much all voxels belong to one of the segments.

With the old editor module I was able to handle this in real time without problems. So I would love to use the new module with the option the segment in 3D.

Unfortunately, the more I segment, the slower the new module becomes up to a point where I have to wait 5 plus seconds  for every click, even when I switch rendering off.

Looking at my system performance I find that regardless of the toggling status of the rendering, the GPU load of my Geforce GTX 970 GPU stays below 1% at all times.

The CPU (4.0 Ghz Quadcore) seems to be the bottle neck with loads up to 70%. In the application settings I set the VTK GPU Ray Casting for volume visualization but as  measured above the CPU still seems to do the job instead.

Is there any way to get the rendering on the GPU or otherwise improve performance?

Thanks so much

Daniel

Re: Performance Segmentation Editor

Andras Lasso-2

Thank you for your feedback. Can you send us the properties of your segmentation?

·       Open “Data” module

·       In “Nodes” section select your segmentation node

·       Open “MRML Node Inspector” section

·       Open “Node information” section

·       Right-click on the node information text, click “Select all”

·       Right-click, “Copy”

·       Paste the copied text into your reply email

Which Slicer version are you using?