Polydata to NIFTI

Arman Eshaghi
Dear all,

I have a hard time converting a few VTK files (that are in fact some ROIs that will be used in FSL) to NIFTI. I'm using slicer 4.2 and realize that I should be using "Model to Label Map" module for this. There seems to be a link for a tutorial on Slicer 4.2 help:

However, the above link is not still active. I would be much grateful if someone could help me to find a way to convert VTK ROIs to something that can be used in FSL and MATLAB for further analysis (functional connectivity, etc).

All the best,
-Arman

Re: Polydata to NIFTI

Steve Pieper
Hi Arman -

That module was renamed, so in Slicer 4.2 you can try this one:

http://wiki.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/4.2/Modules/ModelToLabelMap

Note though that it may not do what you want, since only the surfaces of the model are set in the label map.  We don't have a module that converts the interior of the model into a label map.

HTH,
-Steve