Problem with Model Maker in Editor Module

Problem with Model Maker in Editor Module

Harish Doddi

Hi all,

I am trying to run the create a model using the model maker tab in editor module. I see from the log viewer the information saying "Model Maker module completed without any errors", but I dont see any model present in the 3d view. I tried this module on the latest version as well as the previous versions of slicer. But it doesnt seem to work. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks,
Harish

Re: Problem with Model Maker in Editor Module

Aucoin, Nicole
Reloading the models has been working on and off and on again over the
past little while. I checked in a test to track this and here's today's
report:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testSummary.php?project=20&name=Slicer3EditorModelMakerTest&date=2010-03-02
Does it work if you use the Model Maker module directly? You can turn on
the debugging flag there to get more output.

Nicole

Harish Doddi wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to run the create a model using the model maker tab in
> editor module. I see from the log viewer the information saying "Model
> Maker module completed without any errors", but I dont see any model
> present in the 3d view. I tried this module on the latest version as
> well as the previous versions of slicer. But it doesnt seem to work.
> Is there something I am missing?
>

> Thanks,
> Harish

Re: Problem with Model Maker in Editor Module

Kikinis, Ron,M.D.
Harish,
what version are  you using?
Ron

Harish Doddi wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to run the create a model using the model maker tab in
> editor module. I see from the log viewer the information saying "Model
> Maker module completed without any errors", but I dont see any model
> present in the 3d view. I tried this module on the latest version as
> well as the previous versions of slicer. But it doesnt seem to work. Is
> there something I am missing?
>

> Thanks,
> Harish

Ron Kikinis, M.D.,
Robert Greenes Distinguished Director of Biomedical Informatics
Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Director, Surgical Planning Laboratory
http://www.spl.harvard.edu/~kikinis

Re: Problem with Model Maker in Editor Module

Luo, Jiajia
Hi Harish,

There are several things that may be related to this problem.

  1. You can go to model module first to check whether you really created a new model. If you do not see the new model name, go to '3'; if you see the new model name, go to '2';
  2. Slicer sometimes do not automatically show the model after "Model Maker module completed without any errors". You can turn off the visibility and then turn it on. Then you will see the model in the 3d view.
  3. Even if "Model Maker module completed without any errors", but you did not the model name under the model hierarchy, that means you did not set up correct parameters in model makers and you did not really created the 3d model. Please go to '4' to see how to set up the parameter in model maker.
  4. In model maker, you must fill some parameters: IO->Input volume; IO->Models;Create Multiple->Model Name. (You can put your mouse over those text to see the help information.) You may also pay attention to how many labels in your label map (input volume). Then you can play around the other parameters. Do not choose 'joint smoothing' if there is only one label in the label map. After you set up the right parameters, you can apply to generate the 3D model. (If the first time not work, try twice sometimes.) You can always switch to model module to see whether you generate a 3d model or not.
Hope this will help.

Jiajia