Problem with importing DICOM files.

Robert
Hello.
I succesufely imported and loaded dicom files from training sources. I tried to import files from http://www.osirix-viewer.com/datasets/
During importing they don't load normal. I can choose folder but files don't show up in DICOM browser so I can't load them.
Is it possible to load Dicom files from http://www.osirix-viewer.com/datasets/  to Slicer?
My goal is to load Dicom files to see 3d volume. Is it possible with every Dicom files? What requirements have to be meet to load Dicom files into Slicer?
My regards,
Robert.

Re: Problem with importing DICOM files.

Steve Pieper
Hi Robert -

The osirix examples are a particular kind of DICOM (secondary capture) so they would not load in the slicer 4.2 release, but they should load in the current nightly builds and in the upcoming 4.3 release.  Could you try again with the nightly build and let us know if you are still seeing issues?

-Steve

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM, Robert <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello.
I succesufely imported and loaded dicom files from training sources. I tried
to import files from http://www.osirix-viewer.com/datasets/
During importing they don't load normal. I can choose folder but files don't
show up in DICOM browser so I can't load them.
Is it possible to load Dicom files from
http://www.osirix-viewer.com/datasets/  to Slicer?
My goal is to load Dicom files to see 3d volume. Is it possible with every
Dicom files? What requirements have to be meet to load Dicom files into
Slicer?
My regards,
Robert.

Re: Problem with importing DICOM files.

Bartłomiej Pyciński
Hello, I had similar issue on Windows, when the path to local DICOM
database was set to a folder without full permission (i.e.
C:/ProgFiles). Changing the folder fixed this.
Regards,
Bartek

W dniu 2013-08-24 14:23, Robert pisze:

> Hello.
> I succesufely imported and loaded dicom files from training sources. I tried
> to import files from http://www.osirix-viewer.com/datasets/
> During importing they don't load normal. I can choose folder but files don't
> show up in DICOM browser so I can't load them.
> Is it possible to load Dicom files from
> http://www.osirix-viewer.com/datasets/  to Slicer?
> My goal is to load Dicom files to see 3d volume. Is it possible with every
> Dicom files? What requirements have to be meet to load Dicom files into
> Slicer?
> My regards,
> Robert.

Re: Problem with importing DICOM files.

Robert
I've succesufelly loaded Dicom files in nighty build, but I still have problems with it.
It doesn't always work well, sometimes there shows a window with: "Could not load... as a Scalar Volume", but sometimes the same files load without any problems.
I still have problem with displaying 3d volume of a whole body. It always crashes when I press the eye icon in the rendering volume, there shows the window: "Runtime Error!  This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way..."

I could only use Windows 32 bit version which is from 27-07-2013.

I want to load the whole body, so I still need help.

Re: Problem with importing DICOM files.

Andras Lasso
You can use the 32-bit release for the visualization and processing of very
small images only. See some more info at
http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/4.1/FAQ#I_read_erro
rs_in_the_logs_complaining_about_memory.
I would recommend upgrading to a 64-bit OS and using a 64-bit Slicer
release.

Re: Problem with importing DICOM files.

_-_-_
Bartłomiej Pyciński wrote
> Hello, I had similar issue on Windows, when the path to local DICOM
> database was set to a folder without full permission (i.e.
> C:/ProgFiles). Changing the folder fixed this.
> Regards,
> Bartek

Thank you, that worked.

Bartek
Thank you, that worked.

Problem with importing DICOM files.

afriya.abhi
Hello Everyone
can someone tell me when this error is happened i.e.  "Could not load: 602: <VRT Collection> as a Scalar Volume"