Problem with unicode. Letters like ű...

Alpar Dako
Hi everyone!

I can not open dicom data with the Slicer software. I got an error message that there is a problem with unicode. The dicom files contain Hungarian letters, like: á, é, ő, ö, ü, ű, í,...(in the names).
Do You know, what is the solution of this problem? I can not replace these characters in all the dicom files because I have thousands.

Thank you very much!
Alpár

Re: Problem with unicode. Letters like ű...

Attila Nagy
Hi Alpár,

there is a similar issue here:
http://www.na-mic.org/Bug/view.php?id=4314

But I/we do not have problems with non-ASCII characters in the DICOM itself. We even have Cyrillic encodings (mostly come from Serbia here, in Szeged :)) and can open them with Slicer with no problems.
Are you sure you do not have these letters in the path(s)?

Best,
Attila
17. 1. 4, Sze. napon Alpar Dako <[hidden email]> ezt írta:

 Tárgy: [slicer-users] Problem with unicode. Letters like ű...
 Címzett:: "SPL Slicer Users" <[hidden email]>
 Dátum: 2017. január. 4., Szerda, 15:40

 Hi everyone!

 I can not open dicom data with the Slicer software. I
 got an error message that there is a problem with unicode.
 The dicom files contain Hungarian letters, like: á, é, ő,
 ö, ü, ű, í,...(in the names).
 Do You know, what is the solution of this problem? I
 can not replace these characters in all the dicom files
 because I have thousands.

 Thank you very much!
 Alpár

 -----Beillesztett melléklet következik-----

Re: Problem with unicode. Letters like ű...

Try the DICOM patcher module. That should be able to copy all your files and directories to a new folder structure without special characters.

Andras

Re: Problem with unicode. Letters like ű...

Alpar Dako
Thank You very much!
The problem was with the path, I found there one letter, I changed it and now it is working.
Best wishes,
Alpár