Questions about uses of 3D slicer

Ashutosh Hake

Dear Sir/madam,

We have started 3D metal Printing facility in Pune India. We had purchased two AM400 machines from Renishaw UK.

Also, we have applied for ISO13485, FDA Indian quality systems which is necessary for producing medical implants.

At initially we will produce Ti6Al4V ELI and CoCr medical implants like craniomaxillofacial, orthopedic, dental, spinal , etc and engineering products.

For medical application, we need a software for converting CT Scan into stl CAD file.

We were trying to use 3D slicer software for converting CT scan into Cad model.

We have a problem regarding 3D slicer.

When we upload CT scan of skull including mandible while converting .dcm files into model; only skull without mandible get converted into model.

The screen shot of same is attached here. Please find it.

Similarly, we observed in many cases lower bottom portion of model get cut.

Kindly request to please let us know why it is happening and how to connect it. Is there an setting need to be done in software.

Thank you and waiting for your kind reply.

regards

Ashutosh Hake

Research Associate, R. & D.

Industrial Metal Powders (I) Pvt. Ltd.

Gat. No. 699/1, Behind Kalyani Forge, Koregaon Bhima, Taluka Shirur,

Pune, Maharashtra 412216, India.

Tel: 02137- 667911

Cell: +919921328910

www.imp-india.com

Presentation1.pptx (244K) Download Attachment

Re: Questions about uses of 3D slicer

Sharp, Gregory C.

It looks like your CT scan is missing that section.

Or possibly the scan has inequal slice spacing, I’m not sure if Slicer handles that.

Do you have an anonymized dicom scan you can share?

Re: Questions about uses of 3D slicer

Ashutosh Hake

Dear Sir,

CT scan contains .dcm files of size around 200 MB.

We can’t send by email.

We are using 3D slicer version 4.6.2 and 4.7. We are facing same problem for both softwares.

Can you provide us best version/copy of slicer to install, please?

Also, work instruction of uses of software?

Thank you and hope you understand our thought.

regards

Ashutosh Hake

Research Associate, R. & D.

Industrial Metal Powders (I) Pvt. Ltd.

Gat. No. 699/1, Behind Kalyani Forge, Koregaon Bhima, Taluka Shirur,

Pune, Maharashtra 412216, India.

Tel: 02137- 667911

Cell: +919921328910

www.imp-india.com

It looks like your CT scan is missing that section.

Or possibly the scan has inequal slice spacing, I’m not sure if Slicer handles that.

Do you have an anonymized dicom scan you can share?

Re: Questions about uses of 3D slicer

Sharp, Gregory C.

Dear Ashutosh,

That’s ok.   We can debug without the data.

Could you please compare:

1)      The number of .dcm files

2)      The “Image Dimensions” that appear in Volumes -> Volume Information

If the third number of “Image Dimensions” does not match the number of .dcm files, it means that some slices were not loaded.

I recommend using the newest version of software unless there is a specific reason to use an older one.

Greg