Re: Converting jpg images to CAD model

MOHAMMED AMEENUDDIN
Hi,

I have installed 3d slicer v4.6.2 and this is my first time using this software. I want to create a CAD model of an artery (stl format for example) from angiogram images (jpg format). But I have only 3 images which shows three different views of the artery. Is it possible to make a CAD model out of only three files or do I need a series of images of the artery to create a 3d model.

I tried loading the three images but only one image is shown in the slice viewer scene (where I am supposed to see all the three images side by side in the scene) and I am unable to create a volume.

If it is possible, kindly direct me to any tutorial that can explain the steps to generate one.

Thanks and Regards
Mohammed Ameenuddin

Re: Converting jpg images to CAD model

Reconstructing vasculature from a few projections may be feasible (depends on complexity of vasculature and if you have access to C-arm pose and projection parameters). However, such reconstruction algorithm is not available in Slicer.

Andras