Re: Does anyone kow how to load Deformation field toSlicer

Re: Does anyone kow how to load Deformation field toSlicer

Andras Lasso
Maria, please upload your dataset to somewhere (DropBox, SkyDrive, etc) and send the link to the list so that we can investigate.

Re: Does anyone kow how to load Deformation field toSlicer

Maria CH
Hi Andras,
the followed file is one of the deformation fields I mentioned.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8A_2-PiDPFpVDFZUzBMT3MxUWM/edit?usp=sharing

I use Slicer-4.2.2-1 stable release for linux64bit.

Regards,
Maria

Re: Does anyone kow how to load Deformation field toSlicer

Andras Lasso
It seems that Slicer can only load vector fields from mha/mhd files and
fails to load them correctly from nrrd/nhdr (an empty volume is loaded, on
Windows I couldn't reproduce the crash). I've entered a ticket to track the
issue: http://www.na-mic.org/Bug/view.php?id=3363.
Until the problem is fixed you may try to use the mha/mhd format.

Re: Does anyone kow how to load Deformation field toSlicer

Andras Lasso

Steve, Alex, can you recommend a solution for Maria?

thanks

Andras

Re: Does anyone kow how to load Deformation field toSlicer

Steve Pieper
Now that the 4.3 release is wrapping up and the diffusion interface has stabilized, Alex is going to spend the next few months working on non-linear transform support building on our discussions in the summer [1, 2].  We discussed with Francois and Matt about how to unify some of the DWI/DTI and Vector/Scalar resamplers using the ITKv4 classes so that MRML and the CLIs will use the same underlying codebase.

This question from Maria will be a good place for him to start as he assesses the current state of the implementation.  Alex, can you investigate and reply to the list?

Also if people have other issues / questions / requests related to transform support for visualization and resampling,  please file issues [3] so we can develop the implementation plan.  Use the Module Transforms category so we can keep track of things.

-Steve

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Andras Lasso <[hidden email]> wrote:

Steve, Alex, can you recommend a solution for Maria?

thanks

Andras

Re: [slicer-devel] Does anyone kow how to load Deformation field toSlicer

Andrey Fedorov
Maria,

as a temporary solution, you could write a simple ITK code to convert
the deformation field from .nrrd to any format you are familiar with
(or any format supported by ITK). You can start with the following
code in Slicer that creates a deformation field based on a b-spline
transformation:
https://github.com/Slicer/Slicer/blob/master/Modules/CLI/BSplineToDeformationField/BSplineToDeformationField.cxx#L73-L102

AF

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Steve Pieper <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Now that the 4.3 release is wrapping up and the diffusion interface has
> stabilized, Alex is going to spend the next few months working on non-linear
> transform support building on our discussions in the summer [1, 2].  We
> discussed with Francois and Matt about how to unify some of the DWI/DTI and
> Vector/Scalar resamplers using the ITKv4 classes so that MRML and the CLIs
> will use the same underlying codebase.
>
> This question from Maria will be a good place for him to start as he
> assesses the current state of the implementation.  Alex, can you investigate
> and reply to the list?
>
> Also if people have other issues / questions / requests related to transform
> support for visualization and resampling,  please file issues [3] so we can
> develop the implementation plan.  Use the Module Transforms category so we
> can keep track of things.
>
> -Steve
>
> [1]
> http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/2013_Summer_Project_Week:Deformable_transforms
> [2]
> http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/Handling_deformable_transforms_in_Slicer_meeting_minutes
> [3]
> http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/Nightly/Report_a_problem
>

> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Andras Lasso <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Steve, Alex, can you recommend a solution for Maria?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Andras

Csaba Pinter
Hi Steve,

It's great news that Alex will start working on this.
Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Thanks,
csaba

On 9/4/2013 10:50, Steve Pieper wrote:
[...]

Hi Csaba -

Definitely - we'll want to coordinate our efforts - thanks!

-Steve

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Csaba Pinter <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Gao, Yi
Yes I have had the same problem a few days ago too. Since the demo file is in mha so I converted the nrrd to mha and it really worked.

The code below can convert a 3-dimension 3-D vector pixel-type image to another of the same kind. Just give .nrrd file as input and .mha as output.
Hope this helps.
yi

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Andras Lasso <[hidden email]> wrote:
It seems that Slicer can only load vector fields from mha/mhd files and
fails to load them correctly from nrrd/nhdr (an empty volume is loaded, on
Windows I couldn't reproduce the crash). I've entered a ticket to track the
issue: http://www.na-mic.org/Bug/view.php?id=3363.
Until the problem is fixed you may try to use the mha/mhd format.

the followed file is one of the deformation fields I mentioned.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8A_2-PiDPFpVDFZUzBMT3MxUWM/edit?usp=sharing

I use Slicer-4.2.2-1 stable release for linux64bit.

Regards,
Maria

mation-field-toSlicer-tp4026640p4026642.html