Re: Override pixel value

Jothy
​Hi All

I tried "ChangeLabelEffect" but it only allows one to change the type of tissue. I am puzzled about how to change the image scalar value​. E.g., I want to change all bone values to a single uniform value of 1000 HU.

Any hints?

Thanks

Jothy

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 10:57 AM, Jothybasu Selvaraj <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear All

I am quite new to Slicer3D but its quite exciting to use it.

I am wondering how to change the scalar or pixel value of a label map. I have contoured a ROI and I would like to change the value of pixels in that ROI to be 1000 HU.

How can I do this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jothy

Re: Override pixel value

Kikinis, Ron,M.D.
Hi Jothy,

The threshold effect in the editor can do that.

Ron

On May 4, 2016, at 2:23 AM, Jothybasu Selvaraj <[hidden email]> wrote:

​Hi All

I tried "ChangeLabelEffect" but it only allows one to change the type of tissue. I am puzzled about how to change the image scalar value​. E.g., I want to change all bone values to a single uniform value of 1000 HU.

Any hints?

Thanks

Jothy

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 10:57 AM, Jothybasu Selvaraj <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear All

I am quite new to Slicer3D but its quite exciting to use it.

I am wondering how to change the scalar or pixel value of a label map. I have contoured a ROI and I would like to change the value of pixels in that ROI to be 1000 HU.

How can I do this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jothy

Ron Kikinis, M.D.,
Robert Greenes Distinguished Director of Biomedical Informatics
Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Director, Surgical Planning Laboratory
http://www.spl.harvard.edu/~kikinis

Re: Override pixel value

Steve Pieper-2
Hi Jothy -

If you are trying to change the grayscale values, as opposed to changing the label map, you can use the python console and some scripting commands.

For example if you download the MRHead sample data, you can do the following in the console:

a = array('MRHead')
a[a < 100] = 0

If you scroll the images to update you will see that the image has changed.

If you have two arrays, the label and the grayscale, you can use the numpy.where command to get coordinates from one array and use them to set the values in a different array.  There is discussion and examples in this mail thread:

-Steve