Re: Probabilistic Tractography Module in SlicerDMRI

Re: Probabilistic Tractography Module in SlicerDMRI

O'Donnell, Lauren J., Ph.D.
Hi again Nandikashore. The UKF method is deterministic, as is the SlicerDMRI default method. We recommend Slicer 4.6 for diffusion MRI because we have updated and improved the diffusion functionality in the SlicerDMRI and UKFTractography extensions.

I hope this helps.
Best regards,
Lauren

Lauren J. O’Donnell, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Harvard Medical School
http://scholar.harvard.edu/laurenjodonnell
1249 Boylston St., Room #210
Boston, Massachusetts 02215
[hidden email]

On Dec 2, 2016, at 3:08 PM, Nandakishore Puttashamachar <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you, Lauren.

I learned about Slicer tractography from various tutorials available online such as Neurosurgical Planning tutorial.

As I understand, In slicer 4.5 version -

The DTI tractography algorithm used is "Deterministic", right?

The SlicerDMRI available at http://slicerdmri.github.io/ is also a "deterministic" algorithm, right?

The only available Stochastic/Probabilistic tractography module is the UKF method, right?

Kindly correct me if I am wrong with these questions.

Thank you,
Nandakishore

From: slicer-devel <[hidden email]> on behalf of Nandakishore Puttashamachar <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 11:09 PM
To: SPL Slicer Devel Owner <[hidden email]>

Hi Team,

Hope you are doing good.

I am writing to discuss upon the SlicerDMRI module. I need to reproduce the results of SlicerDMRI Probabilistic Tractography for evaluation. However, I am unable to find a suitable resource on SlicerDMRI Source code.

I did notice the GitHub repo for SlicerDMRI, but was not successful in building the module.

* Do you have specific documentation toward building and using SlicerDMRI module?

* Also, I would like to know which paper/research work is being used currently by Slicer Probabilistic Tractography?

Kindly help out on my questions.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you,
Nandakishore